Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayMtl behavior during version switches

Hi!

Several times I noticed, that when I load an VRayMtl, created by an older version of VRay from a Max Material Libary and then create a clean fresh VRayMtl from scratch with exatly the same parameters and maps, the material looks different and rendertimes are different too.
    In most cases the rendertimes suffer when i render with old materials in a new VRay build.

I don't want to spend hours for recreating and testrendering my good and proven materials, just to fix render performance leaks. For me thats a factor of beeing fast and efficient at work when I can reuse stuff i created before and just have to load it.
    Is there a way -maybe a maxscript- that looks automatically into the "old" VRayMtls and create fresh VRayMtls with the same parameters and maps as new versions or replace the old ones?

If not, then its definately a whish of mine .

It's a good point and unfortunately I don't have a clear answer on that for now; definitely something we should think about.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Maybe something like a new material node called "VRayUpdateMtl". Its a material in which you can plug any VRayMtl, regardless from which version it comes, and it internally looks up for the map slots and values and transfers/translates it, like it was created with actual build.

Comment

Working...
      X