No announcement yet.

Unwanted double reflections in Max2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted double reflections in Max2019.

Hi.

I'm experiencing something odd when I have a glossy surface and use vray-lights as reflections. If I place two vray-lights, one a little behind the other and moved to one side, the reflection in 2017 looks as I would like it. In Max 2019 however, it looks like the lights are transparent, giving me an unwanted, double, reflection. How can I prevent this from happening in 2019?

Any thoughts on this matanov?

All the best,

Rasmus, Phiro, Denmark
    Last edited by rsje97; 17-07-2019, 05:27 AM.

Could you send this scene to support@chaosgroup.com along with information about your V-Ray, 3ds and Windows versions, so we can take a look? Mention this thread as well.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar.

I have sent the file. The problem occours when the small light is set to "Invisible" - then the reflection becomes transparent. If the small light is visible, the reflection looks good, but then I can see the small light in the rendering, and not only in the reflection, which I need. Works fine in 2017.

/Rasmus

Comment

Thank you for the report and provided scene. We've made a note about this for our developers to look into and further investigate.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X