No announcement yet.

Reflection Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was having a similar issue with an interior scene. Light select and reflection elements were ridiculously overbright and noisy. Only happened on one specific camera though. Replacing the camera fixed it, but then it happened again.

Comment

Originally posted by justini View Post
      I was having a similar issue with an interior scene. Light select and reflection elements were ridiculously overbright and noisy. Only happened on one specific camera though. Replacing the camera fixed it, but then it happened again.
      Yeah, something weird is going on. Turning off my Forest Pro solved it too, but I used the same trees and Forest Pro on many others scenes without an issue.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

We have received the scene from glorybound and using the latest stable nightly build there are no artifacts. In the successive V-Ray Next update, it should work also.
        Martin Minev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          Interesting. I have a material converter that converts Autodesk materials. I'll try that.
          Autodesk material -> Vray material conversion. The thought of it makes me squirm honestly. I never convert materials.

For peace of mind I just start with fresh Vray materials every job, if I don't already have what I need in my library that is.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSHP View Post

Autodesk material -> Vray material conversion. The thought of it makes me squirm honestly. I never convert materials.

For peace of mind I just start with fresh Vray materials every job, if I don't already have what I need in my library that is.
            I second that.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

What was the problem? I installed the nightly and I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you!
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Something is inherently off in NEXT. When I first upgraded, my reflection totally changed. My reflection element was basically black, so I started to use raw reflection. After the next couple updates, the reflections got better, but light select and raw reflection were not usable. Now, I have the nightly to fix the above bug and my reflections are now again black. It seems like shortcuts have been made to speed things up, but it's not really working.

RBG reflection first and then reflection element. I am using an HDRI in the V-Ray Dome like I always do for my exterior. I should see at least a blue sky.
                Last edited by glorybound; 13-08-2019, 03:24 PM.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Since V-Ray Next Update 1, some of the render elements are rendered differently than before. All direct reflections of lights now go the Specular element and all indirect reflections go to the reflective element.
                  Could you check also the specular render element? You can find more about consistent render elements in our documentation.
                  https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...pertParameters
                  Martin Minev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                  X