Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: Can't create window of class wxWindowNR (error 1406: cannot create a top level child wnidow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Can't create window of class wxWindowNR (error 1406: cannot create a top level child wnidow)

I'm working on renderings for an entire house interior and am using RPManager to organize all of the different cameras. Everything is working fine except when I try to render out all of the passes at once, currently about 20 passes. As you may know, when rendering out of RPManager it creates a new frame buffer for each pass and I think this is where the problem comes from. As it is rendering everything seems to be working fine but after everything is done rendering this error pops up (see below):

Code:
    2:33:27 AM: Can't create window of class wxWindowNR (error 1158: the current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2:33:27 AM: Can't create window of class wxWindowNR (error 1158: the current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2:33:27 AM: Can't create window of class wxWindowNR (error 1406: cannot create a top-level child window.)
    2:33:27 AM: Can't create window of class wxWindowNR (error 1406: cannot create a top-level child window.)
    (edited)

(FYI-I edited the error message to fit in the post)....

I can dismiss the error but after this I can't open a dialog box to save the images. It also seems that max closes shortly thereafter (could just be a coincidence though as was able to work for a few minutes). Obviously this seems like a memory issue but system memory is still pretty low, about 32gb of 64gb. I'm guessing it's related to the "error 1156: current process has used all of it's system allowance for Window Manager objects" . Thoughts? Is there any way to increase the allowance for Windows Managere objects?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

P.S.: I also got this error after I tried to reopen a frame buffer through rpmanager.

Code:
    ---------------------------
    MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception
    -- Known system exception
    -- ########################################################################
    -- Address: 0xa402cb42; nCode: 0x00000000C0000005
    -- Desc: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
    --       Read of Address: 0x0000000000000001
    -- ########################################################################
    OK   
    I realize that all of these errors might be related to rpmanager rather than vray directly but the support over in that forum seems rather lacking right now.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Hello,

What V-Ray, 3ds Max and Windows versions are you using ?

Generally this is a Windows error message - each process is allowed to create some limited amount of window objects. The limit is not related to the available RAM in your system - it is a hard number (I think it was 10000). Once this limit is reached you can't create any more - so you can't open the dialog box to save the image.
      There is no way to change that limit.

I think some recent Windows update lowered the maximum. Overall - it seems like the frame buffers created for each pass remain instead of being closed - maybe there's a way to tell RPManager to close them ?

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks Yavor. I'm running max 2019 with vray 3.6 in Windows 10. I'm well below the 10000 window limit (obviously) when everything is done rendering but a thought just occurred to me, does the number of render elements have any impact on this? Each render is denoised so all of those render elements are active as well. Also, just a small correction in that it did not actually finish rendering out all of the passes (I think only 18 out of the 20 finished).

I'll look into scripting closing of each window after it's done. I've got it set to save each rendering as it finishes so once it's done I don't really need it to stay open (I can reopen it anyways if necessary).

Comment

Working...
        X