Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.46.15 : VRay VFB crash when render to texture...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.46.15 : VRay VFB crash when render to texture...

Hi, I have just upgrade to the 1.46.15 and first of all I can't believe my eyes!!! so fast, so clean rendering!!! and all those new features
    Thanks a lot for this amazing work Vlado!

Here is a big problem with the VFB (nothing related to zooming in the VRay VFB ) :

When you use MAX RTT :

1) the VFB crash MAX if you try to make exposure adjustments while rendering the baked textures.

2) the VFB histogram is disable while doing RTT.

3) At the RTT rendering end, the VRay VFB suddenly disapear an so, you can't play with exposure curve to correct the lightmap and then save them.

4) If in GLOBAL SWITCHES you don't specify a secondary rays bias then it crash max.

5) Not 100% sure of that but when trying to save baked maps as *.hdr format it seems it crash MAX.

I m using MAX 6.

Regards

an other thing I have discovered :

if you use a directional light (with Vray shadows) with other light such as Vray plane light then the raw lighting lost the directional lighting and only shows the Vray plane light.

BUT, if you set the Vray plane light to "store withIR map" then then directional light infos appear on the raw lighting layer.

Comment

Hey n6, welcome to the 1.46 club.

1) - 3) I think you should use max framebuffer when baking textures.
      You can play with the color mapping controls to adjust values globally. You can also play with the histogram in your actual rendering (non rtt) and apply the same settings in photoshop. (batch processing)

4) This will be fixed in the coming build i think.
      5) This would be interesting. Try with the Max Framebuffer and report if this doesn't work. This would be definately a usefull thing.

regards
      Sascha Geddert
      www.geddart.de

Comment

1) - 3) I think you should use max framebuffer when baking textures.
        While rendering to texture with VRay the MAX 's frame buffer remains black (it is wrote in the Vray's doc) so it cant help

You can play with the color mapping controls to adjust values globally. You can also play with the histogram in your actual rendering (non rtt) and apply the same settings in photoshop. (batch processing)
        Well... let say that it would be a very complicated process.... and also Photoshop only work in a poor 8 bit depth (even if the latest version claim to support HDR depth...) while Vray frame buffer work with a true 64 bit depth (correct me if I am wrong).

4) This will be fixed in the coming build i think.
        Yes I have read the Vlado's answer about that.

5) This would be interesting. Try with the Max Framebuffer and report if this doesn't work. This would be definately a usefull thing.
        I m not yet sure that that was the *.hdr format saving that has crashed max. I need more testing on this.

Thanks for answering anyway. (nice work with your torrero character )

Comment

Aaaah, yes. You're right. Sorry 'bout the confusion.
          Seems Vlado and Peter have to do some more work on that then.

Photoshop CS works in poor 16 bit depth though... (at least most of the image adjustment commands)
          Sascha Geddert
          www.geddart.de

Comment

The most important thing (and let me think this is not that hard to do ) is that the Vray's frame buffer remains on screen after the RTT process complete.

Comment

Vlado?

Comment

vlado is after the red dots...

Comment

We cannot make the VRay VFB to remain after a RTT rendering. This is because the VRay VFB is connected to the particular renderer instance that created it, and the RTT rendering creates a new renderer instance each time. When this renderer is destroyed at the end of the RTT process, the VRay VFB is automatically destroyed too. The only way to keep the information from it is to use the "Split G-Buffer channels" option or to render to a .vrimg file.

Best regrards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                  X