Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [fields+VRayVFB]; [netrender+glossy reflect]; [fields+imap]

Hi guys,

I've collected some issues I can't solve... (maybe bugs...?)

1. Field redering with VRayVFB effect a compressed image in the upper half of the frame. I never used Renderman, but heard something, it works a kind of same way... If there is normal, what's the solution in post prod, because simply scale back to PAL is a wrong way...

2. Yesterday I rendered an anim with glossy reflection (without interpolation, single frame mode) using backburner. 4 servers, one of them is the manager at the same time. The servers rendered the same quality, but the manager's frames looks strange. The glossy reflections seem brighter and lower sampling rate -grainy-
    All the 4 machine have MAX6 SP1 and VRay 1.46.15.
    Sample:

3. In the case of field rendering, imap is calculated for each field. Could be possible, to calculate imap from the average of the two given frames?
    I know, GI solution may be different in that two frames, but the possibility, to use the average would be good. ...imho...

Best regards,
    Palee

Vlado, Peter, anybody else? Any idea?

The netrender issue is very urgent, because today I have to start a very long animation for the weekend...
    Maybe my settings are wrong, or is it a bug, and should I render the passes on separate servers?

Any tip would be very helpful!

Thanks,
    Palee

Comment

The netrender/glossy problem seems to be solved.
      It was my bad probably... testing...

Comment

Im also having some curious results when rendering to fields - seems to have changed with the latest build (1.46.15):

1. When rendering to fields the GI calculation phase is no longer showing - I only get a black frame buffer (Max VFB) - shame, because it was a good progress indicator.

2. The buckets now have a double-height shape (I take that is because its only rendering every 2nd line - but it didnt use to be like this)

... or should i just start using Vray VFB instead?

Palee - how did you solve the problem?
        Jonas Andersen
        Cadpeople | Visual Communication
        www.cadpeople.com

Comment

I couldn't...

I had to use max's vfb and set the passes manualy with many tweekings in post produkcion... Reflection pass with black object, and sreen mode, 100% selfillum masks, tweeked refraction etc... Every passes in different scenes...
          We've done with the project in the deadline right, but our way could be much more easier and could achieve better result with the passes of the main scene.

Best regards,
          Palee

Comment

btw... with max's vfb GI solution and fields were rendered properly...

Comment

Working...
            X