Auto Exposure won't allow transfer to camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Exposure won't allow transfer to camera

What causes Auto-Exposure to not allow me to transfer the values to the camera? It does auto-expose the image, but then the 'transfer to camera button flashes briefly and then greys out, preventing usage. Using Next GPU in Max 2020.0

It seems to be working fine. The auto-exposure requires a calculated light cache, so you need to do that first. Afterward, the button should be accessible. If you think there is something else going on, do share a quick video reproduction of the issue.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Not sure what to tell you. I have Light Cache on and sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't. This morning, it works. Same file - nothing changed. If it starts behaving poorly again I'll try to capture the process in Camtasia and show it to you.

Comment

I think I've isolated the problem. Please try the following:
        - Set up a simple scene using V-ray Next GPU
        - Make sure all max windows are closed, such as the material editor.
        - Be sure light cache is on and also turn on auto exposure.
        - Render and it should work, leaving the "Transfer to Camera(s)" button active.
        - Now open the material editor in 'compact' mode and render it again.
        - For me, the "Transfer to Camera(s)" button activates for a split second and then disables to "Auto-exposure not computed". This is the behavior I'm talking about.
        - Slate material editor does not cause the problem.

Is this a known problem or behavior that I'm just unaware of, or a new bug?

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Comment

I didn't think it works in GPU, but I might be wrong.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I use it a lot in GPU actually
            I'm a bit jealous of your hardware specs BTW! I'm running a 1080Ti and a 2080Ti in a custom box I built a couple years back. The Titan RTX was tempting but I couldn't quite justify it
            Last edited by jknott; 08-04-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Okay, my bad. Yes, this machine was before its time; I got it almost 5 years ago. Thanks!
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Thanks for the report. I managed to reproduce the issue. It seems that rendering the shaders in the material editors (it happens with the slate editor too) resets the auto-exposure and auto-white balance calculations in V-Ray GPU. I logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-4728 ) for developer analysis.

Comment

That's great, thanks! I guess I should have poked around in slate a little more before I assumed it didn't cause the same problem. Too bad this missed the Next 3.2 update.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
                    Thanks for the report. I managed to reproduce the issue. It seems that rendering the shaders in the material editors (it happens with the slate editor too) resets the auto-exposure and auto-white balance calculations in V-Ray GPU. I logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-4728 ) for developer analysis.
                    I'd just like to point out that I'm now running V-ray 6.2 and this bug still exists. First discovered running V-ray Next.

Comment

Originally posted by jknott View Post

I'd just like to point out that I'm now running V-ray 6.2 and this bug still exists. First discovered running V-ray Next.
                      I will ping the project manager about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X