Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTT only AO and shadows ?

hello,

how do i get only shadow and AO rendered in a one map at render to texture?

i can find only ambient occlusion (MR)...
    if i take the vrayextratex that renders quite ok for the normal rendering, in rtt it is complete black.in the vray renderpreview window it is black and also the saved map is black.i tried the scripting thing, but that did not help...bp=$.iNodeBakeProperties (You need to have the object selected to perform this command)

bel=bp.GetBakeElement(1) (The number in brackets corresponds to the bake element creation order.)

what does the last sentence mean btw? ....The map is set in the bel.texture property....

the complete beauty RTT rendering is looking good btw... what am i doing wrong, and how can i render both into one map? and why does the RTT VFB always dissappear after rendering?

thanks for help
    thomes

max2019.3 vray 4.20.00
    Last edited by thomes; 27-05-2020, 01:05 AM.

maybe this feedback down here is wrong?? for the first script i selected the object in max i want to bake. my extratexmap is in slot 2 of the RTT output, so i have to use the "2"...i hope thats right.

bp=$.iNodeBakeProperties
    <MixinInterface:INodeBakeProperties>
    bel=bp.GetBakeElement(2)
    ReferenceTarget:VRayExtraTexMap

update: i got it rendered using this method here with the additional object...

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...27#post1012427

i think it is not possible to add shadows and AO in one baking process.
    as it seems i have to do that in the post...right?
    Last edited by thomes; 27-05-2020, 02:48 AM.

Comment

The Ambient Occlusion for the Render to Texture rendering method is described in the technical documentation here. The number in the brackets in the "bel=bp.GetBakeElement(2)" command means the position of the ExtraTex pass in the Render to texture output.
      Another way of picking a particular texture map is by using the compact material editor's slots (the number in brackets is the slot's position in the editor):
      Code:
      bel.texture=meditmaterials[1]
      Regarding the VFB auto-closing, it will be fixed soon.
      You should be able to render the shadows in one baking process by adding a VRayShadowMapBake pass. If there is an issue, attach the scene here or send it to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look. Mention this thread in the e-mail.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

thanks aleksandar,

but ao and shadow together...in one ! map output...sure no !?
        Last edited by thomes; 27-05-2020, 03:03 AM.

Comment

No, you can't. You would have to do that in post.

Comment

thanks aleksandar!

btw..if i render out RTT vrayrawtotallighing i see no real big difference if AO is ticked in the render settings or not. i set the AO to multiplier 2 to be sure to see it better. but the difference is so really small . iwould say about 5 to 10 percent only on the relevant edges at the floor.the walls inside are very dark, ok, but the edges are quite the same. any idea why or how to get that more visible?

thanks again for your time

thomes

Last edited by thomes; 29-05-2020, 12:52 AM.

Comment

i cannot post pictures...."Array passed to Insert Query"....whats that? 1024x1024 px and jpg....

Last edited by thomes; 29-05-2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Try increasing the AOs radius along with the multiplier.

Comment

thanks aleksandar, i will do a new test. these are the old renders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrtlMap.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1073007
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	vrtlmapao.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1073008

Comment

Working...