No announcement yet.

Render frames smaller than settings say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused now fixeighted, I'm on Vray 5 still....does Vray 6 now has an orange button when is on ? You mean you just did that in photoshop? the documentation shows no new feature for this.
    https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

Hehe no it's not PS, it's Vray 6.10.08 when toggled on
      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Ok cool...thanks.
        https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

Originally posted by Luchifer View Post
          Hey all,

I'm having an odd minor issue. I've set up a scene and my render size is 1920 x 1080. It says so in the settings and on the render dialogue when it's running. But the VFB is saying it's 960x540 and the rendered frames saved are coming out at the smaller resolution.

I'm fairly sure I haven't touched any unusual buttons so why is it rendering at only half the size it should?

I'm on Vray 5 hotfix 2 and Max 2021.

Not sure if OPs issue was ever resolved, but maybe it helps with future issues. There is a small option in the render settings of Vray, at "IPR options" that say "fit resolution to VFB". It's on by default If I'm correct. This will override your desired render size and just render whatever resolution is given to the VFB by size of the VFB window.

Originally posted by Guest View Post

I haven't managed to replicate the resolution bug but I have just come across the bug I mentioned where the scene doesn't render. VRay just starts to render and then stops, only way to fix it is merging into a new scene. Or uploading the Chaos Cloud seems to be OK. Here is the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/599uz0nxff...Error.max?dl=0

If Vray stops immediately, you should take a look into render log. It usually happens to me due to an insane amount of triangles, caused by too large/too many or too high resolution of VrayDisplacement. I'm no expert, but it probably means that your machine runs out of memory and tells Vray to go fck itself, stopping the process.

Comment

Originally posted by AEBI_VINCENT View Post
            Not sure if OPs issue was ever resolved, but maybe it helps with future issues. There is a small option in the render settings of Vray, at "IPR options" that say "fit resolution to VFB". It's on by default If I'm correct. This will override your desired render size and just render whatever resolution is given to the VFB by size of the VFB window.

This fixed it for me... i thought that setting meant it would zoom in/out to fit the image.

Comment

Originally posted by AEBI_VINCENT View Post
              ​Not sure if OPs issue was ever resolved, but maybe it helps with future issues. There is a small option in the render settings of Vray, at "IPR options" that say "fit resolution to VFB". It's on by default If I'm correct. This will override your desired render size and just render whatever resolution is given to the VFB by size of the VFB window.
              This however only affects IPR (it's in fact on by default.), not "offline" rendering.
              There is another, new place to look into, now, and that is the camera settings: each camera can now specify its own resolution, and while the setting is off for old scenes, it's easy enough to forget on after toggling it.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	76
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1193335
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                This however only affects IPR (it's in fact on by default.), not "offline" rendering.
                There is another, new place to look into, now, and that is the camera settings: each camera can now specify its own resolution, and while the setting is off for old scenes, it's easy enough to forget on after toggling it.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	76
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1193335
                I think this also overrides the "fit resolution to VFB" setting, as I didn't have any issues until i stopped using resolution override due to a bug in Vray that breaks the region render when resolution override is on.

Comment

Working...
                X