Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Render Mask creates "large" square artifacts, when rendering with LC and Bruteforce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Mask creates "large" square artifacts, when rendering with LC and Bruteforce!

The artifacts go away if I use bruteforce + bruteforce, of if I don't use render mask, or if I use progressive!

to devs, if you need the .max file it's on the ftp with "If you use render mask, there are artifacts in bucket renders.max" this file name
    Attached Files

Does disabling adaptive lights help?

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
      Does disabling adaptive lights help?
      YES it does, thanks
      Not sure why I didn't think of that .. it's ALWAYS adaptive lights .. lol

Comment

Yeah, I think I have found in my VFX renderings it is faster without adaptive lights well over half the time. More like 80% of renders are better with it not set to adaptive.

Maybe it works well for arch-viz, but so often it is both slower and noisier with adaptive lights turned on, and now in VRay5 it frequently causes the weird bucket issues.

Comment

Can you send a scene for this?
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

The option to turn off the adaptive lights will be removed soon; as Peter mentioned it will be great if you can get us any examples of scenes that are slower or have artifacts, so that we can fix them in time.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              The option to turn off the adaptive lights will be removed soon
              While I will certainly see if I can dig up any scenes with issues that I can share I can’t fathom how we, the users, (or Chaos) are going to benefit In any way from removing the setting? Can’t it just be hidden in expert mode?

I know I sound like a broken record, but we want More settings and More control, not less. There is no do-what-I-want renderer any more than there exists a do-what-I-mean compiler.

The preprocessor will be disabled in the next compiler release... ??? You liked the ternary operator? We are taking that out. (Ok, that makes sense!)

EDIT: I sent a scene and assets that renders SLOWER with Adaptive Lights on. I will update this when I get a ticket number.Thanks. -
              Ticket 317-631-5958 Adaptive Lights Slower Render
              Last edited by Joelaff; 03-10-2020, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                The option to turn off the adaptive lights will be removed soon; as Peter mentioned it will be great if you can get us any examples of scenes that are slower or have artifacts, so that we can fix them in time.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                i uploaded the file to your ftp along with the original post
                "to devs, if you need the .max file it's on the ftp with "If you use render mask, there are artifacts in bucket renders.max" this file name"

Comment

Hi anders,

We are not able to find the file on the FTP. Would it be possible to try to upload it again, or send us a link using a file sharing service to support@chaosgorup.com. Please mention this thread in the email.
                  Thanks.
                  Martin Minev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

sent to the email.. att you

Comment

Hi anders

Thank you for the scene file. You have two V-Ray Dome lights that are related to the issue. When a render mask is used and more than one V-Ray Dome light, the issue will occur.
                      We have reported it into our bug-tracker (ID:VMAX-10352) and we will keep you posted. If you use separate V-Ray Dome lights for diffuse and reflections then the issue won't reproduce.

Martin Minev | chaos.com
                      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

thanks Martin, that's really good news

Comment

If I could add to this post (as this is where Vlado said adptive option is going), the attached shows errors using a FasstSSS2.
                          There is one dome and a simple mesh.
                          Attached Files
                          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

I'm not getting this at all, would you be able to share the scene which exhibits the behaviour, including the hdri?
                            You can send the stuff to my email, if you prefer.

EDIT: nvm, it's turning cast shadows off on the geo which triggers the behaviour.
                            In that case, you *need* to have "Scatter GI" active, and the issue will disappear.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ^Lele^; 06-10-2020, 10:23 AM.
                            Lele
                            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                            ----------------------
                            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Yes it's odd and I think it is linked to the hdri, as I've tried a few and they all exhibit blocks to some extent.
                              I sent you a link to scene and the specific one which gave the example above.
                              If it is the hdri then maybe there is something we can do to them if they cause an issue.
                              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
                              X