Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Gamma/Texture issue

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with, what I think, is a gamma issue.

These textures are from CG Axis and I'm not getting the same result as their render, see below comparison

Left My render. Right CG Axis Render

Click image for larger version  Name:	comparison.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	1098285

Here is my grpah for the texture:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Material-Graph.jpg Views:	0 Size:	593.5 KB ID:	1098288

And finally my VRay Settings

Click image for larger version  Name:	VRay-Settings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	1098287

Max Version - 2020
    VRay Version - 5

Maybe there's something else I'm missing. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Last edited by KeithM12; 09-01-2021, 05:28 AM.

It could be Max isn't set up properly (i.e. its gamma settings are at 1.0, and the map is set to pick those up.).
    Did you try forcing sRGB (or a .4545 gamma) in the bitmap? Did anything change?
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi Lele.

Max is set up for 2.2 gamma

Click image for larger version

Name:	Max Gamma.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1098384

I've also tried changing the bitmap to sRGB and .4545 gamma, it changes it a bit but again not the way the I would like. Even changing the inverse gamma around to match the original render.

I've uploaded the file here if anyone wants to look at it - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdnqhwoy8h...0Test.rar?dl=0

Comment

Umh, from what i can see, there is nothing wrong with your setup, on the Max/V-Ray side.
        The render matches what the diffuse texture shows, by and at large.
        Could the problem be with the CGAxis render of the sample?
        Is there any way that can be shared too? Any app that needs downloading?
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for checking for me. At least I'm not going mad ha.

"Could the problem be with the CGAxis render of the sample?" - It could very well be I'll search and see

It's from this collection - https://cgaxis.com/product/cgaxis-wo...tion-volume-2/

Comment

Working...
          X