sunlight not showing in render...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunlight not showing in render...

been working too much lately and Im really tired, so this is probably not a bug but just some setting I have missed... but just in case:

Im working on an exterior at the moment. the lightsetup is really simple, lightblue environment and a yellow direct light for sunlight. (with Vray shadows)

when I render using PPT, everything looks as expected... but when I switch to normal lightmap for second bounce, and IRR-map for first, the light from the "sun" doesnt show in the render... so the render is too dark, too blue, and have no sharp shadows (only the fuzzy shadows caused by the environment)

why is this happening? (I didnt change anything between the two renders, except the GI type) if Im overlooking something obvious (and I bet I am) please let me know what.... deadline tomorrow...

thanks in advance!
    /Kalle

sounds like you might have unchecked default lights in your global switches. could you post up your settings?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Is it rendering from a saved map not linked properly or something?
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

thanks jacksc02 and natty!

I had accidently unchecked "diffuse" in the light settings.... so it was set only to "specular", which in why it didnt show in the render... (i knew it was some stupid little thing like that! =)

however - isnt it weird that the diffuse light did show in the ppt-render? or is this how its supposed to work?

thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X