Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame buffer jumps on region render

Hi,

I'm having a new issue since updating to 5.1. When doing IPR rendering in the frame buffer; when I select a region to render, whatever is in the box sometimes jumps as if the camera has moved position. if I uncheck region render the entire window is then altered. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Just to clarify - I am using CPU not GPU rendering

Comment

Most likely you've changed the focus window which IPR renders. You can lock a certain view through the "View to Render" option (under the currently selected Renderer) in the Render Setup.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks but that is always locked, so it's not that.

Comment

Could you provide a short video illustrating the issue so we can try reproducing it?

Comment

I will try do a video when I get a chance...for now here are some stills to illustrate. What's odd is that sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't

Attached Files

Comment

In fact as you can see in the following still, the rendered window is different from what has been set in the viewport - there's definite tilting and shifting going on somewhere. The column should be perfectly vertical, plus the gap between the bridge edge on the viewport and rendered window is different.

Attached Files

Comment

Could you re-download and reinstall your V-Ray and see if the issue is still present?

Comment

Ok, I re-installed and the jumping issue seems gone. Yay.

Only now when I change anything the IPR repeats 'Building Light Cache' over and over...definitely another bug

Comment

Most likely. Do send the scene via the contact form here so we can take a look. Address it to me and mention a link to this thread in the message.

Comment

ok thanks. It's sent.

Comment

Hi Aleksandar. Did you manage to look at the file I sent?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the later reply. I still haven't received anything, I'm afraid. Could you resend the file?

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. The issue does not occur on my end, however, it is missing a lot of assets. Also, I don't have a GrowFX license to accurately troubleshoot the scene. Could you disable this plugin (and later Forest Pack and Railclone) to determine if these plugins are related to the issue?

Comment

Sorry but I have only seen this now. Ok I will disable those plugins...not sure how to do that simply & globally? Can I just hide all those elements?

I've just had the same issue on a separate project.

Comment

Working...
                              X