Vray Bitmap Time Config broken for 25fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Bitmap Time Config broken for 25fps

I thought I was going mad but I have tested this multiple times again today.

In the Time panel, the Start Frame only relates to 30fps. So with 25fps this starts at the wrong frame.
    Yes, I can offset that to compensate but I am unsure whether the sequence will be affected in any other way, so not ideal unless you can assure me that it won't
    Any chance of a quick fix for this please? I have 75 sequences I need to start work on and this will quite greatly hamper my progress.

EDIT: Bizarrely after 3 hours of trying this has now started working as it should, for who knows what reason.
    I made a test scene where you can see it happening though, which I tested, flipped back and forth to check it was happening.
    I'll recreate that later and post it here.
    Last edited by fixeighted; 17-05-2021, 05:28 AM.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

I'm not sure if the same thing occurs on my end, but sometimes when changing the FPS (either through the presets or Custom frames), the animation start/end frames get "saved" to the newly set value, which makes any changes afterward shifted from the original. Are you getting the same thing? Also, what 3ds Max are you using?

EDIT: I actually might have overthought stuff. Testing with the VRayBitmap seems to work fine regardless of the timeline (make sure that you've chosen a desired Start frame). Anyway, if the issue does occur do write again.
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 17-05-2021, 11:33 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the reply; I'll try to revisit this tomorrow, as trying to get it to work wasted a load of time and it stressed me out enough for yesterday/today

One thing I noticed is that not only do I need to set the 'from' frame when importing, but I also need to have that specific
      frame selected in the list before confirming, which is weird and shouldn't work like that, or there is no point in that choice.
      This is how I got it behave anyway; set it like that on import, then set that same start frame within the Vray bitmap.
      That works so I'm not touching it again LOL.

I am needing to use scanline for these bits, simply as the frame time is maybe a second or two, rather than many minutes with Vray.
      I was pleasantly surprised to find that Vray bitmap works just fine, as the regular bitmap crashed Max instantly when trying to even load a single sequence.
      The sequence is 6500 frames (there are around 40 of them) and I was beginning to worry I had a big problem....so all in all things worked out
      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
      X