Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5.1.2 - issues with lightcache and IPR

Hi!
    We just switched to Vray 5.1.2 in max2022. We are starting with default Vray 5.1.2 CPU settings. We are experiencing issues with Lightcache and IPR.

1. When I set the Primary Engine in the GI tab to Irradience Map, I don't see the lightcache or pre-pass previews in the Frame Buffer. I only see the rendered result (this happens with the image sampler set to the default Progressive settings, as well as the image sampler set to the default Bucket settings.
    'Show Calculation Phase' is checked in the irradiance map settings.
    This seems to be a bug. When I switch the render engine to Vray GPU, and back to Vray CPU, the lightcache and pre-passes become visible again. Does anyone have this issue or know a solution?

2. The same thing is happening with Vray 5.1.2 CPU- IPR. When the Primary Engine is set to Irradience map, and IPR is activated, IPR does not function as expected. Instead, it is running an invisible lightcache and pre-pass phase, instead of starting with instant progressive IPR as would be expected.
    "Force Progressive Sampling' is checked in the IPR section, and my issue happens with the Image Sampler set to Progressive and Bucket.

Perhaps I am missing something? Help would be appreciated, let me know if any clarification is needed.

Thank you!

Can't seem to reproduce both issues on my end. What you're encountering should happen whenever the "Show calc. phase" is disabled. Can you share a scene where this is happening? Either attach one here or send it via the contact form so we can take a look. Address it to me in the subject and include a link to this thread in the message.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi ! hermit.crab thank you for the reply! I have recorded the situation and uploaded the video here: https://we.tl/t-0szYxjzLrg

PS our videocard is an RTX4000 with driver version 27.21.14.6192

link to this post: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...pr#post1114931

Thank you
      Teun

Comment

It's because you are using the Back to Beauty composite in the frame buffer. While LC and IR maps are calculating there is no data in the render elements so you see black. Once the actual rendering starts data is filled in the elements and you see results.
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

aha! that is unexpected, but it is nice to know why this is happening. Thank you Yavor

Comment

Working...
          X