Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export vrmat bug

Hi,

There is a bug (I think) in the vrmat exporter in 3ds max (latest everything). The x_offset_raw [and y, z] tags are incorrectly closed with </x_offset> rather than </x_offset_raw>.
    This causes those materials to fail on import.
    If I manually correct them, all is good, but that's obviously a crazy hack.

Code:
    <Asset url="/MT_PM_V55_Abelia_grandiflora_01_leaf1/BRDFVRayMtl/translucency_color/Texture/UVWGenChannel" type="UVW" layout="" renderer="vray">
           <plugin>
                 <vrayplugin name="UVWGenChannel" type="UVW">
                        <parameters>
                               <parameter handler="TextureTransformHandler" name="uvw_transform" type="componentTransform">
                                      <value>
                                           <componentTransform>
    [B]                                             <x_offset_raw>0.0</x_offset>
                                                 <y_offset_raw>0.0</y_offset>
                                                 <z_offset_raw>0</z_offset>[/B]
    Now that's not the only bug...
    I followed this tutorial to the letter --- but the imported .vrmat is incomplete.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qAGhESXdpc

The vrscene works fine.

Hey skavan,

Loading material files (.vrmat) exported from V-Ray for 3ds max or Maya is possible, however, due to the differences in their structure, discrepancies in the rendered result are to be expected.

In some cases the discrepancy may be substantial or the material UI may not load properly (what seems to be your case). As a workaround, either the material can be introduced as part of a Proxy Scene (.vrscene) or rebuilt manually using the original texture files. We are aware of the difficulties when transferring materials between certain V-Ray products and are planning on improving and simplifying the workflow in the future. On a side note, transferring .vrmat files between V-Ray for Revit, Rhino and SketchUp is fully supported.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X