Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different PCs produce different colors in the rendering results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different PCs produce different colors in the rendering results.

I'm having trouble, the colors change slightly in network rendering.
    The difference between the two computers is that the graphics boards are GeforceRTX2070S and GTX1650.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Attached Files

sumi_masanori hey,

Does this happen only on this particular scene? Can you make a comparison with the same frame and disable any Denoiser/Lens Effects or anything you have additional? Does it make any difference if you render on CPU/GPU? If possible, you can forward us the scene so we can test it out as well through our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread in the email. Log files would also be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 15-06-2021, 01:07 AM.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

nikoleta.garkova

Thanks for the reply, this happens with any scene file, not just this one. Also, removing the lens effect will cause the same difference in results. I removed the HDRI's used in the environment map, Vray dome light and VraySky and the difference in the rendered image disappeared.
      Thank you very much.

Comment

We have seen this whenever a bitmap is loaded with the default Bitmap node, or if the VRayBitmap (VRayHDRI) is set to use the 3ds Max color space transfer function. See attached...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-15 112411.png Views:	0 Size:	3.3 KB ID:	1116746

Don't use "From 3ds max".

Note, there is a very annoying "feature" (it's a bug, Dave) where this reset to From 3ds max every time you change the image file in VRayBitmap. Chaos, please fix this. I am pretty sure I reported this elsewhere.

Only two render nodes here seem to have the color change issue in these cases. They are both on Windows 8.1, though we have other machines on 8.1 without the issue. Both machines had QuickTime installed, though I recently tried removing it to no benefit.

Comment

Working...
        X