Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 freezes Max during Autoback

Hi
    I had to switch the mainboard to exactly the same model due to failiure. However, everything is working, windows is activated again, I have no problems...

...except for one strange behavior with max 2021, I didn't had before! I currently work with 2020 because of this

Please checkout the video:

https://vimeo.com/561034189/1d6bd5b5e0

After several quick autobackups, from around the 4th time, the process freezes the system up to a minute.
    The file itself is saved in a fraction of time, but max hardly comes back. This effect is repeatable.
    Once this happensduring autoback, the ordinary save action is "infected" with the bug as well.

I deinstalled 3ds max 2021 from my system and cleared those folders from remaining files and folders:
    C:\Programme C:\Users\me\Documents
    C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax
    C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADPSDK\3DSMAX

Then I reinstalled Max 2021 and afterwards did the security patch to "2021.3.2 Security Fix"
    Beside the addition of some custom scripts via startup, nothing was changed or added.
    The Autobackprocess went flawless. After installation of vray_adv_51002_max2021_x64.exe I had the issues like shown in the video.
    A Vray uninstall fixed the problem, so autoback was working again.
    I tested vray_adv_51001_max2021_x64.exe with the same error. vray_adv_50003_max2021_x64.exe and vray_adv_50004_max2021_x64.exe worked with no errors, so somewhere in between those versions, there must be a bug.
    Since I retrieve the Vray license via VPN, I wanted to make sure, it is no time out problem, So I did a test with the VPN turned off, but this had no effect.

regards
    Michael

Hello,

Could you try with the latest stable nightly (https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...e_5.1/20210611) ?

We've had an issue related to the Comsos Browser that affected save time which are fixed in those stable nightlies.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

If the tip above doesn´t help - I had a similar problem in MAX 2019, following tip helps me out.

Autosave in 3ds Max 2018 takes much longer than a regular Save

Issue:
      When saving certain scene files, the Autosave/Autobackup feature in 3ds Max takes much longer than doing a "regular" Save to disk, even to fast SSD media.
      Causes:
      Possible issues with the "AutoBackupBailout" feature in 3ds Max, which allows users to cancel an Autosave in progress.
      Solution:
      3ds Max 2018 users may try the following if they are experiencing these Autosave/Autobackup slowdowns on their systems:

Via MAXScript:
      During the beginning of a 3ds Max 2018 session, open the MAXScript Listener and enter the following code: Autosave.BailoutEnabled = false
      Alternatively, open Windows Notepad, paste the line Autosave.BailoutEnabled = false into a blank document, then save this file into the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2018\Scripts\Startup folder as AutosaveBailoutDisable.ms
      Via the 3dsmax.ini file:
      Navigate to the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\20 18 - 64bit\ENU folder. (If the AppData folder isn't visible, change the Windows Explorer > View Folder Options to View Hidden Files and Folders, or View Hidden Items in Windows 10.)
      Open the 3dsmax.ini file in Windows Notepad.
      Under the Performance section, add the following line: AutoBackupBailoutEnabled=0
      Re-save the file.
      To disable either of the above MAXScript or 3dsmax.ini steps, either remove the AutosaveBailoutDisable.ms script from the \Scripts\Startup folder, or remove the AutoBackupBailoutEnabled=0 line from the 3dsmax.ini file and re-save it.

Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

Great! Seems to work now! At least with my box test I have no issues anymore!

Thanks!
        Michael

Comment

Working...
        X