Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Opacity" slider of the Denoiser layer in VFB has no effect when rendering to disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Opacity" slider of the Denoiser layer in VFB has no effect when rendering to disk

Hi,

The "Opacity" slider of the Denoiser layer in VFB has no effect when rendering to disk. Vray always saves the image to disk with Denoiser at 1.0 even if it was set to another value in VFB before rendering. Is this a bug or intended behavior? The Opacity slider of the Lens Effects layer doesn't seem to have this issue when rendering to disk. It always respects the value set in VFB prior to rendering.

I really need to have Vray save my images with an Opacity value of ~0.5 for the project I'm working on at the moment so that some of the finer texture details are preserved. I would normally just copy the contents directly from VFB by CTRL+C, but the project I'm working on currently consists of over a hundred items that have 7 variations each which means almost 1000 images have to be rendered to disk via Backburner. Manually rendering every image and copying the VFB contents to an image editor is unfortunately out of the question given the huge number of images.
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Maybe a workaround until this may/may not be implementable would be to choose 'separate render channels' and uncheck the alpha if you don't need.
    That'll at least give you the original and the denoised, which you can then set the opacity of and just batch the lot through AE or whatever you use.
    Can't see another way to do so many.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hello,

As a workaround you could switch the source layer to composite mode and add an RGB render element layer - then the opacity will work correctly.

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Nice one Yavor
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
          Hello,

As a workaround you could switch the source layer to composite mode and add an RGB render element layer - then the opacity will work correctly.

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Clever. Thanks!
          Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Working...
          X