Click image for larger version

Name:	image_70575.png
Views:	315
Size:	396.8 KB
ID:	1141770
    Click to enlarge.

What can be the diffrence?
    I think max 2022 is correct.

Color value in color picker is R255 , G106 , B57 on both.

In max 2021 I have to type in gamma 4,4 to get the right color but that seems unlikely to me. Anyone knows what can I do to fix 2021?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by TubeSmokeGuy; 04-03-2022, 07:02 AM.

Hello again. Can please anyone have a look into this issue? Or check and confirm / not confirm? Even if I check "FileInGamma" "FileOutGamma" via scriplister it tells me the same values of 2.2 for max 2021 and 2022. So, what can be the diffrence? Is some INI setting wrong? Where do I need to look? Is it a bug?

Comment

Hi I tested what you are describing but was not able to reproduce this issue.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2022-03-07_12-25-14.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	1141941

I will see if I can find out something and get back to you.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks! It's really strange. Would be very good if it could be found out whats going on.

Comment

Hi could you try to reset your 3ds max to default settings?
          You need to delete/rename your ENU folder. It is located here. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\ 20XX - 64bit\ENU. Rename the ENU folder to ENU_old. When 3ds max is launched, a new ENU folder will be created.

Comment

Thanks, Vladimir!

Good news is, that does the trick!

Bad news is, erasing the ENU folder purges any customizations of 3dsmax and recreating them is a lot of work.

So, can you please be more precise, which files in ENU belong to VRay, so that I may purge them separately? - That would be awesome!

Comment

Hello, just wanted to ask again which Files in ENU are related to VRay? Created by VRay or entries added by VRay or files containing other VRay related data? - Is there something like a list of those files and data? Maybe in the docs?

Comment

Hi you can save all your customizations that you have done to 3ds max before resetting and then load them again. This is the easiest and proven method.

Comment

Okay. Thanks for that suggestion. Yes it's the recommended method but it's also well known, that migrating user customizations by the customization load / save tools, works unreliable. E.g. custom buttons which are connected to external scripts lose this connection and get grayed out. To make them work again you have to recreate them. But thats not a VRay issue.
                  However, it would be good to have the info which data VRay populates into the ENU folder. New files and changes to existing files. Even better would be if VRay would have a factory reset function for VRay related ENU settings.

Comment

It'd be nice if you could pack me the two ENU folders (remove any big file, like the substance temp ones, and so on) so to be able to take a look.
                    In any event, did removing the ENU folder fix the issue?
                    Last edited by ^Lele^; 09-03-2022, 03:55 AM.
                    Lele
                    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                    ----------------------
                    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Which ENU folders? The newly created 2021 and the old 2021 (the issued) OR the old 2021 (the issued) and the 2022?

Comment

Old 2021 and 2022.
                        Did the issue definitely disappear when you deleted the ENU folder, though?
                        As if it didn't, then it's not useful to check those.
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks! I will make a package for you. Yes it solved the issue.

Comment

Ok, so restoring the *old* 2021 ENU, then removing and reinstalling V-Ray didn't help?
                            Lele
                            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

I sent you a e-mail with download link to the adress from your forum signature. We cannot use the VRay uninstaller since we don't use the shipped default installer. For the studio we distribute the VRay installation by a batch operation to all machines.

Comment

Working...
                              X