X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to import vrscene material in 3dsmax and edit them easily

Hey guys,
    NIce to meet you all, im new in this forum
    I m building the environment pipeline at my company and we using 3dsmax and houdini. I try to pass material and lookdev between houdini and 3dsmax using vrscene format . From 3dsmax to houdini it works perfectly, the shader is rebuilt in vray houdini, but when it comes to send a shader from houdini to 3dsmax i can get the shader back as a vrscene which i load in the vrMatMTL but i am unable to edit it. the editor is greyed.
    Does anyone has a solution for this? I am also using snippett in 3dsmax but it prove itself quite tricky when it comes to precisely control or tweak a shader for my artists. Does anyone has exvamples of complex shader vrscne wiith snippet override to blend 2 displacements, or to blend several triplanar materials?

Sorry to say, you cannot edit VRayVRMatMtls unless you do it directly in the .vrscene, which is possible, but quite complex for edits other than specific values. For complex changes, it might be best to do them in Houdini and re-export the .vrscene.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X