vray light doesn't appear in mirror reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray light doesn't appear in mirror reflection

I have a scene with vray lights in front of mirror (antique mirror). The lights do not appear in the mirror reflections? See attached screen grab with light properties and mirror properties shown.

What do I need to change to get the lights to show up in the mirror reflection?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-grab01.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	581.5 KB
ID:	1147886
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, except my light was behind a pane of glass. When using VRay disc lights, the disc lights render as black discs in reflection/refraction. If you set directional back to 0.0, the lights should render fine in the mirror, but you won't get the desired effect you were looking for. My image didn't have to be production quality, so for the sake of time I just ended up Photoshopping mine. Essentially, it appears to be a V-Ray bug. V-Ray is aware of it and they say it is on their to-do list. Here is the link to the thread, which includes a workaround suggestion.
    I haven't used VRay in a while, so I'm guessing this will be someone's easy question of the day. I have a basic bathroom scene in progress with VRayLight disc lights used as recessed can lights. Five of the lights are fine, but the sixth disc light (upper left hand corner of the shower area) renders as a black disc. I assume

Comment

We have a different distribution for the light flux in the works, with no current ETA.
      For now, as explained in the other thread, your best bet is duplication.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...directionality
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X