• VRayEnmeshMod not working

OK So I decided to try out the VRayEnmeshMod

Very simple scene, a plane and a box

I added the VRayEnmeshMod to the plane

I added the smaller box to the Objects list

Ran VRay IPR

and nothing

Looking at the Basic Parameters list

Crop Box size X,Y and Z are empty and also Height% and Height Offset are also empty

Anyone know what it going on here. The scene is as simple as it could be. Max 2018 and Vray 6 Hotfix 2
    Attached Files

Hi are you using V-Ray GPU or V-Ray CPU? VRayEnmeshMod is not supported in GPU.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am using VRay CPU

Comment

Have you tested in production mode? On my setup everything works fine. I am using 3ds max 2023 and V-Ray 6, hotfix 2.

Comment

Weird... If I use IPR mode, I get no result, If I use Production mode it renders a result and if I stop it and continue using IPR I get a result, but that still doesn't explain why the basic parameters for the Crop Box Size X,Y and Z and Height % and Height Offset are empty.. and clicking on the scroll bars, has no effect, they are simply empty

Comment

Also entering numbers in the empty boxes, has no effect whatsoever.

Comment

Sorry I did not notice that you are using 3ds max 2018. Let me test with 3ds max 2018 and I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

ok, thanks. Look forward to hearing what you discover

Comment

Hi you are right something strange is going on in 3ds max 2018/vray6 and VRayEnmeshMod.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2022-09-02_15-17-56.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	1158830

If you select and scale the gizmo manually it will work on my end. But still there are issues with the crop box input dialogs.

Comment

Well glad to know it's not just me. Hope you can work out a fix for it soon. No desperate rush though.

Anyway, thanks for looking into it and confirming it's not just me and my setup.

Have a great weekend

Comment

The issue is reported under VMAX-12532 in our bug tracking system. It seems to appear only in 3ds max 2018. The issue is not present with V-Ray 6. You could temporarily revert back to it if possible.

Great weekend to you too.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by reverting back... I am using V-Ray 6 Hotfix 2. Do you mean reverting back to an earlier release of V-Ray 6 and if so, how would I do that. To be honest though, since I don't currently have a reason to make use of the feature, then maybe it would be easier for me to just wait for a fix to be made. Anyway thanks again

Comment

Yes I meant to install the earlier version - https://download.chaos.com/downloads...2018-60004-adv. This is the official release before hotfix 1.

Comment

Working...
                          X