VrayAerialPerspective - Creates Outline on objects with alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayAerialPerspective - Creates Outline on objects with alpha

So I have been running into a slight issue. In the past I would just accept it but with more and more jobs requring me to use this feature its becoming hard to use objects with alphas to help save polies.
    I am getting a glow/outline shape on objects that have alphas when using VrayAerialPerspective.

The only current solution I have is to add a large distance on the range. Normally my range is default or even greater since I do full cgi env to scale. For this test I made it 500 just to show the issue.
    Any solutions to this?

Object on left is just a cylinder. Object on right is a plane with a disc alpha. In theory they should both look like object on left, however on the right plane object you can see ghosting of where alpha is.

Click image for larger version  Name:	outline.jpg Views:	0 Size:	470.7 KB ID:	1160814
    Attached Files

We are aware of the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-3376) and we are working on it, however, it may take some time until a proper fix is implemented in the stable builds.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      We are aware of the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-3376) and we are working on it, however, it may take some time until a proper fix is implemented in the stable builds.
      Thank you so much for the reply Hermit! Wasn't 100% sure if it was brought up or not. Hopefully the team finds a solve soon.
      Thanks again and have a wonderful week!

Comment

The thing is that the Aerial Perspective is applied to the objects, but not to the environment behind them (if there's another object behind it, it should work fine). If you activate the "Affect Environment Rays" and "Affect Background", the issue should be bypassed, however, the result is a bit foggy, which is expected. Another thing that you could do is disable the "Apply atmospherics" of the opacity mapped object - this would ignore the aerial perspective on the object, however, if those objects are in the foreground, where the effect is not that visible, it may suffice as a workaround.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          The thing is that the Aerial Perspective is applied to the objects, but not to the environment behind them (if there's another object behind it, it should work fine). If you activate the "Affect Environment Rays" and "Affect Background", the issue should be bypassed, however, the result is a bit foggy, which is expected. Another thing that you could do is disable the "Apply atmospherics" of the opacity mapped object - this would ignore the aerial perspective on the object, however, if those objects are in the foreground, where the effect is not that visible, it may suffice as a workaround.
          Yeah I noticed this. Sadly I am doing full cgi envionrments and some of the scatter objects are on hilltops which are literally up againt the sky haha.

For the time being I find work arounds with using full CG geo as the Aerial Perspective is such an amazing tool, will wait for proper fix whenever it comes.
          Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X