360° spherical camera render black when rendering point cloud file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360° spherical camera render black when rendering point cloud file

It is normal to get a black render as soon as the camera is set to 360° spherical camera when rendering a point cloud file?
    As soon as the FOV is dial to a value (200° int he image bellow), the render became black (full black for 360°). If the fov is not activated, the render is ok (but I am looking for a 360° render and that's not a solution). I can render 360° panorama without problem, it occur only with pointcloud file.
    How can we render point cloud file in 360° if not possible witth vray camera? Thanks
    PS: I tried with cubemap as well in hope to convert the cubemap to 360° panorama, but the render again is 99% black.
    There is definitively somehting wrong with point cloud and vray camera.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fraggle; 13-12-2022, 06:03 AM.

Weird I can't even get it to render normally, the first millisecond it looks ok, and then it turns black. Never tried to render point clouds with vray though.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

It works fine with Arnold and arnold spherical camera, so the problem is certainely a bug with Vray camera.
      But the color are better with vray, on Arnold it looks unatural, so I hope support can propose a soluton to get it working with vray 360° FOV.

Comment

Thanks for the report. The issue seems to be related to the V-Ray Camera overrides and Point Clouds. I've logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12878 ) for developer investigation. Unfortunately, I'm unsure if there's a workaround.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ok, let me know as soon as it has been fixed.

Comment

Hello, what are the chance to get it fix?

Comment

Originally posted by fraggle View Post
              Hello, what are the chance to get it fix?
              I can't say for certain. We cannot provide a timeframe, however, it should get fixed eventually.
              Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com

Comment

I have the same problem, any news with the solution?

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. The issue is not fixed but I will update the report with your post. We can't make any timeframe predictions.
                  Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 06-03-2024, 04:25 AM.
                  Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                  X