Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Render > selected object with alpha in front of refractive object disregards alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render > selected object with alpha in front of refractive object disregards alpha

Tricky title, but this object is in front of a glass balustrade and as you can see, the alpha is not calculated.
    Not sure if this is intended or a known issue.

Not really looking for mask-based workaround suggestions, just raising the issue...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	84.3 KB ID:	1173903
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Is the balustrade shader's refraction affecting all channels? Maybe attach the scene (simplified) so we can take a look.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Im finding it really hard to pin down consistently to be honest. I had thought this morning it was only an IPR thing, but the render I attached above proves this untrue.

Comment

Best send the scene so we can take a look.

Comment

Here's a scene.

Very confusing. If I ensure affect all channels set for both reflection and refraction of the glass, it's fine, but if this is no the case for reflection, weirdness ensues.
          Also the non-black alpha parts seem to render additively each time I re-render (frame not clearing between each render). This is probably 'normal' but it's the reflections that are disregarding the alpha? I'm not sure...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	92
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1174019

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
            Here's a scene.

Very confusing. If I ensure affect all channels set for both reflection and refraction of the glass, it's fine, but if this is no the case for reflection, weirdness ensues.
            Yes, you should keep both refl/refr as "Affect all channels".

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
            Also the non-black alpha parts seem to render additively each time I re-render (frame not clearing between each render).
            You can change this behavior through the "Previous render" option (Settings>System>Previous Render). "Clear" will clear the frame between renders.

Comment

Working...
            X