VRay 61004 - Random error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 61004 - Random error

Hello, I´m getting random error messages and the rendering stops. But the log (screenshot attached) doesn´t tell me what object or material is causing this. Is there a way to find out the reason?

Thanks in advance!
    Thomas

Embree-related errors most likely point to a RAM issue. It seems you are running out of RAM.
    Last edited by kosso_olli; 29-03-2023, 08:12 AM.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Sometimes such errors may appear when the scene is very far from the center of the coordinate system [0,0,0]. Check that as well.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
        Embree-related errors most likely point to a RAM issue. It seems you are running out of RAM.
        Thank you, I checked that already, the scene is not even using half of my RAM and I succesfully rendered out much more complex scenes in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Sometimes such errors may appear when the scene is very far from the center of the coordinate system [0,0,0]. Check that as well.
          Thanks, yes that could be indeed a problem, because it´s a large landscape I´m working on. I will check that.
          I swiched from VRay3 to VRay6 during this project and had no issues with version 3, even with much larger projects. So I still suspect a bug.

Comment

I sent you a private message with a downloadlink to a max scene that should help to track down the issue.

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. I'm not getting the error (with installed CityTraffic). Do you know a specific frame in which the error occurs? How much RAM do you have installed? Does the issue occur if you switch the "Default geometry" option (Render Setup > Settings > System) to Auto and switch Conserve memory on? Check if it happens on a lower resolution output too.

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. I'm not getting the error (with installed CityTraffic). Do you know a specific frame in which the error occurs? How much RAM do you have installed? Does the issue occur if you switch the "Default geometry" option (Render Setup > Settings > System) to Auto and switch Conserve memory on? Check if it happens on a lower resolution output too.
                Thanks, thats´s strange, I´ve tested it on 3 different machines (Intel and AMD) and it happend on all of them. I have 64GB of RAM installed. I´ve also tried different settings (conserve memory, static, dynamic geometry, different resolutions etc), and it always occured, but randomly. Sometimes it takes up to 10 frames to happen or I had to resart rendering the sequence a few times.

Comment

I´ve just noticed another thing, in some frames the car body is not rendered, just the wheels. There is definitely something wrong.Just change the following settings, please -> enable "conserve memory" and switch default geometry to "Auto". Render the sequence starting at frame 1515 and after a few frames the car body in front should disappear.

Comment

I managed to reproduce the issue and it may very well be a memory thing. It doesn't seem to happen when disabling motion blur (it kind of makes sense that a lot of memory is utilized when every car model is moving). All the cars are Editable Meshes too - consider using proxies. Also, I found this very similar thread. Try following LeLe's suggestion on lowering RAM usage and see if that resolves the error.

Comment

I managed to reproduce the issue and it may very well be a memory thing. It doesn't seem to happen when disabling motion blur (it kind of makes sense that a lot of memory is utilized when every car model is moving). All the cars are Editable Meshes too - consider using proxies. Also, I found this very similar thread. Try following LeLe's suggestion on lowering RAM usage and see if that resolves the error.
                      Thanks, but it still shouldn´t crash, even if it has to use the pagefile. I renderered out 80GB scenes with VRay 3 and only having 64GB of RAM. I never got a crash or error message. In times of fast SSDs the renderimes are just a few seconds higher per frame.
                      Why does VRay 6 handle this different than V3? Maybe there is a way to reactivate the old behaviour.

Comment

In my tests a few days ago, I acually noticed a problem with the MB samples. The error only occurred when the samples were set to a higher value than 2 in the object settings. So if "use default moblur samples" is checked, it seems to work. Maybe the problem is related to the MB samples?
                        As I mentioned before, I can't believe it's a memory thing because this scene is barely using half of my RAM.​

Comment

I'm getting the error with default settings and geometry samples 2 (testing on a 32GB ram machine). Could you test if the error occurs when rendering through Standalone (V-Ray > .vrscene exporter)?

Comment

I'm getting the error with default settings and geometry samples 2 (testing on a 32GB ram machine). Could you test if the error occurs when rendering through Standalone (V-Ray > .vrscene exporter)?
                            I did more tests and you are right, it happens also with 2 moblur samples. But it seems if the cars and wheels set manually to dynamic geometry (in the VRay object properties), they are not vanishing anymore. If I set to Default or Static they randomly disappear. So it seems to only occur with static geometry.
                            The scene is very complex, but I will try to convert it and render with VRay standalone.

Comment

Working...
                            X