Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embree with motion blur, catastrophic ! (Error building Embree static ray caster)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embree with motion blur, catastrophic ! (Error building Embree static ray caster)

Hi guys,

we have a huge scene with an explosion in tyflow, same test with a Houdini alembic, same results. We cannot render on our farm when we put on the MB on a PhysicalCam, it's insane. We are on 3dsmax 2024 and we have the Build 6.10.06 of vray. I don't understand why we cannot put on and off the embree option. We had the choice in the previous version of vray, and now it's gone.
    Here is the error on the render farm and on our workstations : Error building Embree static ray caster : (scene failed) with no other info of course, thanks the log !
    So if someone have the same issue or even better a solution, please let me know.

Regards.

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you send us a simplified version of your scene that still reproduces the issue? You can do that here or through the support contact form. Please include a link to this thread in your e-mail.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

No idea if this is the same or even similar problem but I had success changing the "default geometry" to "dynamic" from the default of "auto". See here for my problem and fix: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...es-render-stop
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Hello,

Is the error happening on the first frame before rendering starts or after some frame is rendered ?
        In the first case - is it possible that you are running out of RAM ?

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
          Hello,

Is the error happening on the first frame before rendering starts or after some frame is rendered ?
          In the first case - is it possible that you are running out of RAM ?

Best regards,
          Yavor
          yeah sometines it does that. 64Go on the renderblades and 128 on the workstations and it does the same issue. I'm gonna try the Dynamic tips. Thanks. And sorry but i can't send you the file for now and if i do i need to simplified and so the issue could not happen

Comment

Working...
          X