motion blur error when rendering to a sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motion blur error when rendering to a sequence

I've been trying to fix this for a day now. I'm out of ideas .

( gpu render vray 6 update 1.2 latest nvidia studio drivers nvidia 1080 gpu )

Background cars are vray scene files and foreground drone is a vray proxy

When I render a single frame the motion blur looks correct (like this )

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	358
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	1188764

when I render a sequence the motion blur is smeared on the drone but the hover cars in the background remain the same .

Views:	230
Size:	504.3 KB
ID:	1188765​ ​

GPU Render setting look like this

Views:	231
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1188766
    My website with free maxscripts and tutorials |

Hello,

I couldn't reproduce the problem that you have described in a newly created scene. Could you share some additional info like which frame are you rendering for the single frame test, etc. ? In fact, would it be possible to pack an archive and send it over to philip.shounev@chaos.com so we can troubleshoot ?

Best,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

same issue with simple sphere rendered with same animation ( motion on the sphere is keyframed not linked to the drone )

Views:	211
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	1188794

frame is totally different when​ rendered as part of a sequence

Views:	216
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1188793

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Shounev View Post
        Hello,

I couldn't reproduce the problem that you have described in a newly created scene. Could you share some additional info like which frame are you rendering for the single frame test, etc. ? In fact, would it be possible to pack an archive and send it over to philip.shounev@chaos.com so we can troubleshoot ?

Best,
        Philip
        Thanks Philip I sent you a mail with a wetransfer link

Comment

Is it possibly related to this issue when testing a frame in IPR versus production render?

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...y-wrong-result
          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
            Is it possibly related to this issue when testing a frame in IPR versus production render?

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...y-wrong-result
            possibly , but in my case a single ipr frame has the correct motion blur . the bug only appears in GPU rendered sequences of multiple frames

Comment

I guess it is related to the camera being linked to the drone.
              https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
                I guess it is related to the camera being linked to the drone.
                Thanks for the suggestion ... Alas the camera and drone are not linked and are animated independently . the camera is imported as an alembic . the drone has its own little animation rig .

Comment

Hi again kenzor

Thank you for providing a scene. We are currently testing a solution for this problem. So far, we have had positive results. Nevertheless, more testing will be needed before this solution finds a place in the next official release due to its complexity and involvement with other features.
                  Philip Shounev
                  QA department
                  Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Philip Shounev If you have identified a particular failing use case of motion blur could you please post the details of the issue so that the rest of us know what to watch out for?

Even if there is no current workaround we like to understand any bugs/issues so we can know what to expect is various situations.

This saves us users hours or days trying to find issues, and workarounds that may not exist and you have already tested.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Joelaff

The aforementioned difference in motion blur appears when a value of 0 is used for interval center. Until our fix for this case is complete and available the issue can be worked around by setting motion blur interval center to a value different than 0. In most cases a value greater than or equal to half of the duration value will suffice.
                      Philip Shounev
                      QA department
                      Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Excellent. Thank you. I have definitely seen some form of this. I thought it was the Phoenix particle shader at the time, but I don’t think I had time to test it thoroughly. ( and forgot to come back to it after the deadline. )

Great that somebody else narrowed it down and it is getting fixed; because in VFX we often need blur that is less than a 180deg shutter, and need control over the offset as well of course.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X