• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Ds Max 2024 Spawner service blinking/restarting

I am running the following render server:
    Threadripper 64 core
    128 GB Ram
    Windows 11 (clean)

After installing the latest Vray 6 (update 1.2) and Phoenix FD 5.2 plugins the background process of 3Ds Max 2024 keep going on/off

According to a document removing the PhysX.dlm and (massfx) folder should fix this but it does not.

What else can I do to fix this problem?
    Last edited by menno_vandijk; 04-10-2023, 03:52 AM.

Hi, thanks for posting.
    Here is the documentation pages for distributed rendering.

According to a document removing the PhysX.dlm and (massfx) folder should fix this but it does not.
    Could share more info about that?

After installing the latest Vray 6 (update 1.2) and Phoenix FD 5.2 plugins the background process of 3Ds Max 2024 keep going on/off
    What do you mean by going on and off? Is this happening when you try to send a job? Do you have error messages in the VRayLog?
    When you update a V-Ray version on your main computer, the one you send the jobs from, you have to update to the same V-Ray version all of your render nodes. Have you done that?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
      "Could share more info about that?"
      It is a document I found online on the Autodesk help pages.
      3ds Max continuously restarts in the Task Manager when rendering on node machines using V-Ray Spawner, Deadline and Windows 10 (1809) Update (autodesk.com)

Meanwhile, I figured out that during the installation something got corrupted.
      I ran 3DsMax normally on my rendernode and a popup appeared about some UI / US problems.
      After fixing that DR works (mostly that is... current issue has to do with Phoenix)

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X