Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayDisplacementMod - Use object material - does not work

Hello,

The option Use object material of the VrayDisplacementMod does not work anymore in the lastest release.

I hope that you can debug it quickly, because I've a lot of collapsed objects with multisub material, and displace maps for each sub mat.
    (by the way it works perfectly in vrayNext, trouble in v6.10.09)

Thank you
    Mathieu

Thanks. I thought I was crazy. Just ran into this. Had no time to debug; so just went with the modifier instead, Your setup sounds like more trouble!

Comment

Don't you mean 6.10.08, the latest official build? Anyway, I've tried official, latest stable nightly, and internal nightly and cannot reproduce the issue. Do attach a simple scene so we can troubleshoot.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

My setup I think was a VRayBlend, which I figured was not compatible or something. So I just combined the displacements outside of the blend and applied that the the modifier instead (disabling the VRayMtl displacements)

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Don't you mean 6.10.08, the latest official build? Anyway, I've tried official, latest stable nightly, and internal nightly and cannot reproduce the issue. Do attach a simple scene so we can troubleshoot.
          Yes, I work on the Nightly 6.10.09 (build 32197) and attach to you a file. And the UI is not disabled when use mat checked like previous version, Blue draw on screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen01.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	475.2 KB
ID:	1195174Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen02.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	1195175

Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

You have override material set in the scene and the option to preserve displacement is turned off ?

Best regards,
            Yavor
            Yavor Rubenov
            V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

What Yavor said.
              Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It's seem to be ok.
                Thank you.

Comment