Win 11+IPR+ Material Editor=very very very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 11+IPR+ Material Editor=very very very slow

In the win11 system, as long as the material editor is opened, the interactive rendering (IPR) operation will become very slow. (Unacceptably slow) win10 will not be so slow. I hope it can be improved.

I can't reproduce the issue with any of the scenes i tried: the compact mtl editor open or closed makes no appreciable difference to my IPR speed (i'm on Intel, though.).
    If you have a scene showing the behaviour, we'd be keen to get a copy of it.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      I can't reproduce the issue with any of the scenes i tried: the compact mtl editor open or closed makes no appreciable difference to my IPR speed (i'm on Intel, though.).
      If you have a scene showing the behaviour, we'd be keen to get a copy of it.
      I found a video of this problem in another post, the UI became very slow.
      Interactive Render (IPR) + Compact Material Editor + AMD? = Slow UI - Chaos Forums

Comment

This problem occurs in win11. There is no problem in win10

Comment

The issue from the other thread has nothing to do with the IPR speed, but regardless that too doesn't reproduce on our side.
          I tried your issue under windows 11 of course, but it still didn't reproduce: IPR (or UI, for that matter) speed is unaffected.
          Hence the request, which i renew, for a scene file, or better directions, to be able to see the issue in action on our side.
          If we can't reproduce the issue, we can't fix it.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
            The issue from the other thread has nothing to do with the IPR speed, but regardless that too doesn't reproduce on our side.
            I tried your issue under windows 11 of course, but it still didn't reproduce: IPR (or UI, for that matter) speed is unaffected.
            Hence the request, which i renew, for a scene file, or better directions, to be able to see the issue in action on our side.
            If we can't reproduce the issue, we can't fix it.

Please test a complete scene. If the scene is very simple and will not appear particularly slow, the real-time rendering will be smoother without opening the material panel. However, when the material panel is opened, the mouse will be very slow to move and become inoperable.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	dataurl181207.png
Views:	73
Size:	416 Bytes
ID:	1195417
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X