Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are also having the same issue in both 3dsMax 2023.3.4 and 2024.2. On both using the Slate Material Editor!

Comment

Could we get this resolved as soon as please? The work around doesn't last for long and having to switch between CPU and GPU engines is really annoying!

Thanks
      is it Penry the mild manored janitor?

Comment

seams that the latest nighties build fix material editor issue , thank you !

Comment

Same problem here...

Comment

I have the same problem, I went back to the previous version, it's impossible to use it in production.
            There's also the problem of alpha on transparent materials that comes back to the surface.
            PC i7-6700K @ 4GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX2080 SUPER + Nvidia GeFroce GTX 1070, Win10 Pro, 3dsMax 2021 + VRay GPU6 hotfix3, ForestPack, RailClone ...

http://www.thierrybaille.com

Comment

Enabling the 3ds Max material swatches from V-Ray Settings can be used as a temporary solution.​ Apparently the nightly fixes it.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hey all!

We've fixed the issue and our builds are updated - you can download them directly from here.​
                Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thank you!
                  www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
                    Hey all!

We've fixed the issue and our builds are updated - you can download them directly from here.​
                    Anyone know the build number of this updated release? We just installed the nightly yesterday (which fixed it). Just curious if anything else had changed since then. build 32375

Comment

I'm not sure it's helpful but the build number from the About V-ray rollout is 6.20.00 build 00001.
                      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
                        I'm not sure it's helpful but the build number from the About V-ray rollout is 6.20.00 build 00001.
                        Thanks. Sadly they must use different build numbers for releases vs. nightlies. Kind of unfortunate. It looks from the release notes that a feature was added regarding multi subtex that is not yet in this build. Of course I don’t know if it’s in the release build because of the unrelated build number. This is why consistent build numbers and copious release notes are helpful to us users as well

We will roll with this version for a while until there is an issue or a new feature needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
                          It looks from the release notes that a feature was added regarding multi subtex that is not yet in this build.
                          All fixes go like this:
                          internal nighlies -> stable nightlies -> official release builds
                          so if you are using the latest stable nightlies you will have all the fixes.

The subtex fixes also went into the release build - they and the material issue in this topic are the reason for that new build

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
                          Of course I don’t know if it’s in the release build because of the unrelated build number. This is why consistent build numbers and copious release notes are helpful to us users as well

Build numbers are unrelated because the build contents is unrelated The 6.20.00 build 00001 release follows the initial 6.20.00 build 00000 release (numbers are consistent) and has some additional fixes. It won't make much sense to have similar build numbers as the nightly builds because release builds follow their own path. Some fixes from stable nightlies go to the release branch but not all so if the release build had the same numbering - it would give the wrong impression that it contains all from stable builds with lower number.
                          Yavor Rubenov
                          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Ah, interesting. I didn't realize that release a complete separate branch from stable, rather than just a tag. Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

So it sounds like I need to update (the entire farm) again to get the subtex fixes. I may give it a bit until things settle down. Thanks again.

Comment

I have the same issue max 2024, and latest vray, also i am finding it slower of larger model and the lighting lister is not showing lights and the model is not listing lights either in the layer system, very odd, all built in Vray, not a conversion..

Comment

same here... since update 2... had no issues before and see this the first time.
                                is there a way to force to render the thumbnails without switching the renderer and back to vray? because you loose all the settings if you do this in a scene with render setup.

best regads
                                themaxxer
                                Pixelschmiede GmbH
                                www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Working...
                                X