X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray swatches gone in 6.2 in Material Editor

Hi
    I installed 6.2 today.
    About 2-3 hours later - suddenly the swatches in my Material Editor are gone. I reset the the slots - nothing. I restarted 3ds max - nothing.

My system :
    3ds max 2021
    AMD 32/64 cores
    128 gigs RAM
    2X RTX3090
    Windows 10
    3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 5.005), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X GTX1070 8GB RAM

Hey nirsul

This has been fixed and announced here, so please make sure to download the latest build directly from our download page - https://download.chaos.com/?platform=49&product=47
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hasn't fixed it at all, not for me, I now have this issue after all previous installs 'locked' 3D Max 2023 interface with no Material Editor problems, UNTIL now I have no materials in Max, I installed the latest version,
      To make this update work
      I had to uninstall VRay
      Uninstall Max
      Reinstall Max
      Reinstall VRay
      Leave Max open for 40 mins, while Max/Vray sorted out their differences to make this update work
      and now, no usable Material Editor !
      Until I remembered some advice to tick 3D Max Material Switches (which was a workaround for the previous flaky update) the scene loaded with a default pallete, no scene materials, until I loaded them back in !

Comment

yeah installing 6.2 has introduced this issue for people in our team which is getting quite annoying.
        Every time we load a scene, all swatches are grey.

The workaround we found is to switch the material editor render in the common tab to scanline, then back vray 6.2, then reset the material editor slots to get them back.
        Attached Files

Comment

What is the entire version number you see for vray? Does it end in 0 or 1 ?

If 0 you need the updated version. It depends on when you downloaded 6.2

Comment

So let me get this straight, there are TWO 6.2 releases with the exact same file name and number on the download page? What are you friggen doing Chaos, far out.
            Yes we had 6.2 with the phantom 0 Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
              So let me get this straight, there are TWO 6.2 releases with the exact same file name and number on the download page? What are you friggen doing Chaos, far out.
              Yeah, pretty much. Should have been called 6.2.1 of you ask me. Software has had the Major.Minor.Bugfix release numbering scheme for decades.

I don’t think the ambiguity was worth not fully bumping the version number, personally. but I guess it made sense to somebody. At least the last digit is different.

Comment

Well yeah, if its v62001, then you know, NAME THE FILE THAT. If we experience a bug like this, the first thing we'll always do is go to the download page to see if there's a new version.
                In this derp case, there wasn't a new file version (but there secretly was, shhh)

Comment

Well yeah, if its v62001, then you know, NAME THE FILE THAT. If we experience a bug like this, the first thing we'll always do is go to the download page to see if there's a new version.
                  In this derp case, there wasn't a new file version (but there secretly was, shhh)
                  To be fair , the download page will show the new update date which is different from the initial release , and the link in the first reply from nikoleta​ will show that there was a new update for 6.2 which will fix this issue and few others.
                  with that being said , there should have been more clear announcement for users who aren't active here in the forums and downloaded the earlier version.
                  yavor.rubenov​ Said that there will be a notification in the VFB for future so this hopefully won't happen again . .
                  https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...64#post1197764
                  -------------------------------------------------------------
                  Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
                  Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

In short - my mistake. Sorry about the confusion it caused.
                    Yavor Rubenov
                    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
                      Hey nirsul

This has been fixed and announced here, so please make sure to download the latest build directly from our download page - https://download.chaos.com/?platform=49&product=47
                      Hello. We too are having issues with materials not showing up in the material editor on all workstations. We are using the version you've linked to. Does the new update released today fix this? It is not mentioned in the bug fix list.
                      Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

After installing the latest fix, I think the problem went away for us.
                        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Working...
                        X