Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Encountered Issue with Refraction on Camera Underwater in Scene Using Version 6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encountered Issue with Refraction on Camera Underwater in Scene Using Version 6.2

I noticed an issue when opening an old scene containing an underwater camera. The scene comprises a plane as the water surface, a camera positioned below the water surface, and an environmental texture. The water surface utilizes a simple plane model rather than Vrayplane. Within the water material, I've set a blue haze color (244, 251, 255). However, when the camera is positioned directly below the plane, the rendered result colors the environment as well. This was never encountered in versions prior to 6.12. I have attached the test scene for reference. Additionally, I'm using 3ds Max 2024.2
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lu_xing; 02-01-2024, 10:11 AM.

This is caused by a new camera behavior, which was implemented recently. The new behavior resolves the wrong rendering of objects with attached volumetrics when inside them.

When using a single plane and placing the camera below it, as in your case, the fog is present because the camera is "inside" the volume. To workaround the change, you could enable the shader's "Thin-Walled" option or add a Shall modifier to the plane (so that the volume is enclosed).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ah, I see. I thought it was a bug. Thank you for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
      X