Vray clipper...long render times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray clipper...long render times

I've had this issue on a couple projects with very long render times with many clippers, it seems that the more clippers you add to a scene the longer it takes to render. Anyone else having this issue or know of a workaround? Vray 6.10.08, 3dsmax 2023

Same in the previous Vray version. I needed to animate opening a Machine. Doing so with booleans ended up in a terrible mess of dancing triangles during animation (which has not been seen in the Viewport preview. The Animated boolean worked pretty good. Only in the final rendering it go mad and I haven't found the right way to get this fixed))
    Then I felt lucky about remembering the Clippers... but I needed to dismiss it, since it became useless on render time. (est. 5-7 times longer approx) A bit pitty all in all:
    Last edited by caypiranha; 01-02-2024, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Using multiple Clippers indeed increases render times a lot.
      We will see if anything can be done about this and get back to the thread.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

If using already only one clipper, it increases render times much. So if I render the same thing prepared with a boolean (same cutting shape) instead of the clipper, a boolean is way much faster.

Comment

very long render times with many clippers
          After discussing the issue with the developers it does not seem like there is any room for upgrades on this for now.

Could you send me an example scene so I can try to find a workaround?
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X