Vray GPU 6.2 and VrayDistanceTex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU 6.2 and VrayDistanceTex

Hey there! I have a wierd issue, I have a vrayblend material where blending between two shaders is done through vrayDistancetex.
    The issue is vraydistanceTex works perfectly fine no issues at all when assigned by default, but the moment I swap far and near color vrayGPU doesnot read the vraydistanceTex at all. infact if I dont swap and invert the distancetex with the help of output node - VrayGPu still doesnt render. VrayGPU IPR will read when I change some distance parameter once, but VrayGPU final production render will not read at all, no matter what.....
    Please Help me

Thank you

Hi, thanks for posting. I am not able to reproduce this issue in a simple scene on my end. I am using V-Ray 6.2 and 3ds Max 2024.
    Could you archive your scene and send it for review? You can do that here or through the support contact form.
    If you choose the contact form please add a link to this thread in your message for better tracking.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

No issues on my end (check the attached scene). Maybe something else is happening. Attach yours so we can take a look.
      Attached Files
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com

Comment

Hi! There,I checked, actually its working fine....I think it has problem with tycache, coz its not working with tycache. Hereby I am attaching the link of max archive file, which consist of the issue...I am will also send to tyflow and again recreate the sim and then export to see, if the problem is only at my end....

Thank you for the reply
        Nayan Bodawala
        WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world. Share large files and photos. Transfer up to 2GB free. File sharing made easy!

Comment

Here's the dropbox link
          https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/eqak6...famix362a&dl=0

Comment

hey there, I checked and re-simulated my scene, plus also created the simple scene and exported to tycache. This problem is very specific to tycache, it works fine with tyflow geometry. Please look into it, I have shared it with tyson ibele also....

Comment

Hey there! Sorry, but its happening with tyflow geometry also....and the issue is only with vray GPU, Vray CPU is fine......I checked twice

Comment

I cannot seem to be able to open the provided scene. Mind if you reproduce it with a simple tyFlow/tyCache and send it again?

Comment

Here’s a simple scene tocheck_01.zip

Comment

Thank you, I managed to reproduce the issue and logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-6391) for developer investigation. It seems when using GPU, the VRayDistanceTex does not work if only tyFlow nodes are utilizing it (although moving anything in the scene during IPR will appear). The workaround is simple: add a random object, apply the VRayBlendMtl on it, and place it somewhere out of frame.

Comment

Working...
                    X