Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you rescale by changing the scene unit settings, the vraydirt and vrayedgetex units will be messed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you rescale by changing the scene unit settings, the vraydirt and vrayedgetex units will be messed up.

If you rescale by changing the scene unit settings, the vraydirt and vrayedgetex units will be messed up.

I am using the latest version of 3dsmax 2022 and vray.

I have a scene file in meters. To rewrite this in cm units, I created a new scene, changed the system unit to cm, and imported the meter unit scene. At this time, I turned on the "rescale object to system unit scale" option so that the entire scene could be resized in cm units.

Everything seemed normal, but Vraydirt was not resized. In fact, the radius has become smaller.
    For example, the correct conversion is:
    For meter units it should be "radius = 1" -> for cm units it should be "radius=100".
    However, the radius still remains at 1, which messes up the scene.
    Please note that vraydirt follows the scene units, so you cannot enter units. (Only numbers can be entered)

The same goes for vrayedgetex. In the case of vrayedgetex, it is possible to input by unit, but because the numbers are not converted, the radius becomes very small as a result.

Meter unit scene "radius = 0.01m(1cm)" --> cm unit scene "radius=0.01cm"

I have not tested all vraymaps, but I confirmed that vraycolor2bump works normally.

Please give me a solution.​

Hi, thanks for posting. This is a bug that we've reported previously (VMAX-13562).
    Here is the older thread about it. If you can manage without using the 3ds Max's material library there should be no issues when merging in different scene units.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X