Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU vs GPU corner bleeding

Hello

I'm having some V-Ray GPU issues. I've modeled a studio and tried rendering it with both engines. With CPU the result is just fine but when rendering with the GPU, some corners are leaking light, and the final render looks a bit patchy overall. Any tips on how to eliminate the light leaking in those corners? The walls and floor have thickness, and the wall extends about a meter below the floor. Render settings are defaults except Light cache subdivs is 3000 on both engines.
    I have attached a picture to this post showing the results of both engines.

Mikko
    Attached Files

Anyone on this?

Comment

Hello,

Adding thickness to your geometry as you mentioned usually resolves that types of issues but since it doesn't, it seems to be something else that is causing corner bleeding. Could you send over your scene to philip.shounev@chaos.com so we can locate the culprit of the issue?
      Philip Shounev
      QA department
      Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I need to strip the scene to include only the studio area, but I will send it to you.

Comment

Thank you for providing your scene. It seems that the issue stems from geometry's topology. After remodeling the floor and the walls where the problematic areas were, there are no longer light leaks. Note that the GPU engine is more susceptible to such results when having non-quad topology.
          Philip Shounev
          QA department
          Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X