X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Material Library offline isn't found

Hey!

I'm using 3ds Max 2025 with V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max 2025 update 2.1

From the start menu I have run V-Ray Material Library downloader shortcut and downloaded to V-Ray Material Library in C:\Temp\V-Ray Material Library
    I have added the path C:\Temp\V-Ray Material Library and C:\Temp\V-Ray Material Library\Assets in 3ds Max 2025 under File > Project > Configure Project Paths > External Files

In the registry under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chaos Group\V-Ray Material Library
    Download path is set to C:\Temp\V-Ray Material Library

But when starting Cosmos Browser it still says download -->
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bild.png
Views:	102
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	1207886

Hello,

We've deprecated this version of the Material Library around 2 years ago - https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/...ibrary+Browser

The fact that is working through some workarounds was purely for people that were still using it and to give them time to switch.

Unfortunately, providing support for newer Max versions is not something that just works It needs extra dev resources and it's not logical to do it for a feature that we announced as unsupported couple of years ago.

Are you missing something in the materials section in the Cosmos browser?
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

It's for our Computer-Labs at the uni. The teacher thinks it's handy to have it pre-downloaded on every Computer-Lab.
      But if it's deprecated, why is it still available to download offline?

Comment

Yes, perhaps it's time to remove it now.

As for the pre-downloaded thing - you can use a shared folder for all machines in the lab and download everything there. Also there is an option for bulk downloading coming soon.

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Actually you can download all materials with one click even now through the Collections sub-category -

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	67
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1207928

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post
            Yes, perhaps it's time to remove it now.

As for the pre-downloaded thing - you can use a shared folder for all machines in the lab and download everything there. Also there is an option for bulk downloading coming soon.
            Yea. But how do you make 3ds Max 2025 find it? Because that is the issue I have as described in the first post. The only difference is, that is downloaded locally on the client.

Comment

Sorry, I've totally missed your first screenshot. The V-Ray Material Library downloader shortcut is for the old format of the library. Cosmos uses different file formats and structure so copying the legacy ones won't work. You just need to click on "Download all" and the proper ones will be downloaded to the pointed path in the Cosmos Assets Download Folder.

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Working...
              X