Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Backburning: Results differing with processor

Hello everybody,

I´m just rendering an animation with vray and backburner.

I got ugly light leaks (black spots) on some machines. All machines use vray 1.47, viz 2006, an winxp home. The errors occur on a P4 3600 MHZ and a PM 1600 MHz. At the P4 I turned HT off then it works but the the light leak occurs on the PM.
    I think it is related to the GI lightcache settings. I tried different numbers of lightcache passes with no improvement.
    Realy strange is that the same settings work on one machine but not on the other. I there anybody with simelar experiences???

Greetings.

Markus

P.S.
    I tried to prerender the lightcache file with HT on and 2 passes, lowest possible sample size and 1200 subdivision but then I got light leaks on an amd processor.
    Now I turned HT at the P4 off and I render the animation with 1 pass and single mode. Seems to work but would be thankful for some theoretical background

Comment

It would be helpful if you post in image with the problem you are having (e.g. what does the light leaks look like).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Comment

This doesn't look much like a light leak... what materials are you using?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It´s a architectural material with map in the diffuse slot. I had no problems with this material so far.

Greetings,

Markus

Comment

dont use architectural materials. period.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

architectural materials are based around max's raytrace material which will give you nice splotches
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

but hey. if its the slotchy look your going for then i recommend using it. especially if your doing a paintball field. then throw in raytrace materials, architectural materials. some sandard materials with anistrobic and metal shaders, oh. and if you rotate a gradient ramp 90 degrees to use as your sky then thats alot of fun in glossy reflections hehe

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

ooh da elf, your a smart arse!
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

somebody has to be. and hey. when someone goes to make a paintball field they just might thank me

---------------------------------------------------
                      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X