speed tricks for 3d vegetation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaForce
    Yeah i dont know EXACTLY who those 2 things work in terms of memory usage. So I wont comment in the case that im off track.

Someone else will pipe in and set you straight tho
    In short, they may speed up your rendering, due to RAM usage.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce View Post
      Vray proxys slows down rendering... its a known fact.
      They are there to lower memory limits by only loading in the geometry that is needed at that specfic time in the render.

They are most definitly slower.

I did it the other day with a bunch of poly trees... 7million polys in total i think, 19mins with proxy and 9mins with geometry.
      That's interesting, somewhere else I have read that V-Ray can load proxies faster, therefore tenders them faster. I gotta make some testing too. Maybe having slower viewport and much longer save / loading times would be a worth trade-off for faster render times.

My Artstation
      Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
      Sun Tsu

Comment

Karol.Osinski the post you quote above is from 2006: things changed a bit since then.
        By all means, however, do test, and also feel free to read here to know what to expect in term of functionalities and performance.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks ^Lele^ hahha, I didn't notice the date. Thanks for your response
          My Artstation
          Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
          Sun Tsu

Comment

Hey, that DaForce guy is someone i had loads of silly fun with, and would dearly love to have back with us.
            Alas, he's probably having fun tuning his cars now...
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
            X