Green Meanies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Meanies

I am using Irr & LC I have been getting an invalid LC warning and these green splotches. I swear everything is vray material but I am only 90% sure.

Update Removing the glosssies from the interior bricks got rid of the invalid LC warning but I still am getting the green splotches. Same place too they are not bouncing around.

Comment

Im getting green splotches on a current project too. (actually its only one splotch so far, but it looks like yours)

Im using QMC+Lightcache. LWF and rendering with vlados universal settings.

not sure whats causing the green spot... but I use colorcorrect plugin on a couple of maps, and I guess that could be it. Are you using that plugin as well?

Comment

I have that plug-in and honestly I can't remember if this file is using that at all. I got some of the dots to go when I noticed that I had a glass setting that had fog (blue green) I removed that and it was good.

Comment

hmm dont think I have any foggy glass in my scene... but Ill have a look.

In the Vray framebuffer the splotches were green like yours, but when I saved the image to a TIFF and opened it in PS the splotches were red... ?

here is the image...

Comment

I got those color changing spots when on one project when I had color clamping turned on. They went away when I turned it off.

Comment

thanks for the tip! Ill turn off clamping and make another testrender right away!

Comment

yup, turning off clamping did the trick! no more splotches!

thanks gilpo!

is there any situation where it would be good to have clamping ON???

Comment

Great, glad it worked! I have no idea what really causes it. I have clamping turned on in all my scenes with no problems. Just that one file gave me grief.

The only other thing I did in that file that I didn't do in others, was use some interpolated glossies. I haven't had time to test to see if the two were related or not. It might be something to look into.

You might also check to see if you have any materials that are perfect white (255, 255, 255). I've had this cause problems from time to time.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X