Vray 1.5RC2 on Xp64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.5RC2 on Xp64bit

Anyone having issues with this OS and Vray combo? Everytime i try to start the vrlserver i get a BSOD. I havent had one of those in years! Just cannot get vray to run.

isnt there a 64bit driver or something for the dongle that needs installing?
    is this available on the support section?

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

there is nothing I found in the support section. I did however find the 64bit drivers from the dongle manufacturer and used those. This in fact may be the problem, but the dongle installs fine. Its when I attemp to start the server that the machine goes down.

Comment

If you're getting an actual BSOD that brings down the entire machine, it's usually a hardware/driver issue.

Make sure you downloaded the right set of drivers for the dongle, If I remember, Wibu has different drivers for different dongle types.

I'm running XP64, but I don't have a dongle yet, and the dongle will be put on a 32bit server... so I don't think I'll be able to help you out with this one.

Comment

it will be very, very bad if 1.5 won't work on xp64 !
          Luke Szeflinski
          :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

one of the dudes who went to siggraph mentioned their dongle came with the cd and the driver on it

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

i recieved the dongle...but no CD. I dont know why, vlado himself gave it to me.

Comment

For now, could you run the license server on an old networked 32bit machine?

Comment

i have it running on my laptop... but pointing to it doesnt activate it on the 64bit workstation either.

Comment

do you have any firewalls that might be catching it?
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

i recieved the dongle...but no CD. I dont know why, vlado himself gave it to me.
                      I think they ran out.
                      I have the cd and it does have the dongle drivers
                      http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

jacksc02:

no firewall on that machine.

The issue isnt with the dongle. The dongle software runs fine. Its when I run the vrlserver that the machine crashes... so I was just wondering if someone has it running on a 64bit machine. If so then its an internal problem with this workstation. I'll keep working on it i suppose.

Comment

you can find the 64bit WIBU-KEY driver here:

http://www.wibu.com/download_user.php

we have our 64bit farm crank'n 1.5 rc2 this morning~

e.

BSOD HAIKU:

Windows XP crashed.
                          I am the Blue Screen of Death.
                          No one hears your screams.

Comment

yup... thats tone driver i have been using. Cant seem to find the root of the problem. Im sure its something so simple... lol

Comment

so if i read right you've tried running the server on the laptop, and pointing the x64 machine to the laptop at 30304?

e.

Comment

Working...
                              X