overbright mat'l error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overbright mat'l error

For any other noobs like myself out there, here's another reason for getting 'overbright mat'l' errors - having the same map in two different materials with a slightly different colour map setting in each material (output tab - mat'ls editor).

Not that I would do such a stupid thing and then spend hours running round in blind panic afterwards....

Rob
    .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

wow! you are right about that. how did you ever figure that out?

well, thanks anyway - i was just beginning to lose it here.

Comment

Originally posted by dynaman
      wow! you are right about that. how did you ever figure that out?

well, thanks anyway - i was just beginning to lose it here.
      hehe... it took me hours of searching and re-rendering to figure that one out!

Comment

@ mcvltd

You better add this in the Render Theory section as well.

Best regards,
        nikki Candelero
        .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

again with the overbright errors...

mcvltd, as i mentioned, you were right about the output values being a problem.
          but i have also discovered something else that consistenly gives me overbright errors - using a refract glossiness amount less than 1.0.

this has come up in a number of projects recently and i would like to know if there is some way to use glossy refractions without getting the overbright disco effect. maybe it's a combination of other settings in my scene, but in this case, i kept hiding pieces and re-rendering until i discovered that all the problems occured when that railing material was in the scene. i ended up killing the glossy refraction and everything is back to normal.

i would really love to hear any tips on how to avoid this problem because i would like to use the "frosted glass" effect, but so far it's just been causing huge problems.

thanks

Comment

Is it RC3?
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

That's odd. Never had that problem with glossy refractions here.

Comment

i would really love to hear any tips on how to avoid this problem because i would like to use the "frosted glass" effect, but so far it's just been causing huge problems.
                This should be easy to fix if you disable refractive GI caustics or make the frosted glass objects invisible to GI or check their "affect shadows" option.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i'll try these suggestions. i'm not using caustics. but if i make the object invisble to GI that will probably work. i'll post back when i've had a chance to test it.

btw, i'm still using 1.47

Comment

i'll try these suggestions. i'm not using caustics. but if i make the object invisble to GI that will probably work. i'll post back when i've had a chance to test it.

btw, i'm still using 1.47
                    1.47 had serious problem with the refraction Glossy less than 1.0. There is no need to look for any further. That is the answer.
                    That was discussed long time ago. Recommend to migrate to VRay 1.5

Best regards,
                    nikki Candelero
                    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Working...
                    X