what the heck is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the heck is this?

Hi. I've got this strange "cropping" thing going on. Notice the below image. The top left corner has this wierd angled grey area. It's not geometry, because there's nothing there. I have the sunlight turned off, and it's lit via domelight. This same model rendered fine in 1.46. Any suggestions?

Thanks

My first guess would prb be a camera clipping issue...

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I just checked that. I'm using standard max target camera. All default settings. Also, the clipping wouldn't occur at an angle like that, and only on one corner would it?

Comment

ok, some more clues. It happens without the image background. I moved the only light (vray dome light) around, and had no bearing on the grey thing. The only thing that seems to affect it is moving the camera. So it seems like a geometry issue, but there's nothing there!

Comment

i assume its providing an alpha?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

If you don't succeed in removing it, you can try send as little of the scene as necessary to reproduce it to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can take a look.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Are you sure your camera is not intersecting the ground plane?
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

So, I still cannot figure this out. The weirdest thing is, I've deleted all of the geometry, and lights down to 1 camera and 1 light. Now, even if I create a new camera, it still renders with that chunk of grey. I've re-sized the output, changed the camera FOV etc. etc.

I'm assuming at this point that the file is corrupt somehow, but I really don't want to re-create the scene.

Comment

file. if anyone is interested. viz07

FILE HERE

Comment

Ill try to have a look at it tonight...

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

It doesn't show up when I render it here in Max 8
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

It showed up for me. It was the dome light you need to turn it to invisible.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

So yes, the dome light it is; setting it to invisible fixes it.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                            X