Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 problems

Hey everyone,

i'm currently working on cad converted motorbike model. Current stats are 4.5mio polys. Now i can render it with a standard mat in the material override. When rendering with the actual materials vray pops an error and stops. Error is occuring when preparing the scene (so before the actual render). The errors are different depending on the amount of geometry unhidden (note again : with a standard mat in the override it does render with everything visible) If i have encountered the error once, then even the standard mat in override renders anymore.

Example error :

[2006/Sep/22|12:31:49] error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Preparing objects
    Last marker is at .\src\staticmeshinfo.cpp, line 468: StaticMeshInfo::buildNormals()

There were others too as mentioned above. Any pointers ?

Specs :

Dual Opteron 265
    4GB Ram /3GB switch with userva enabled
    NVidia Geforce 7950 GX2 (Set to non-sli to have dual monitor support) 1GB Vidmemory
    MaxR8
    VRay 1.5RC3D

Any pointers would be VERY appreciated!

Regards,
    Thorsten

whats your memory at when it crashes? Try smaller bucket size or switching to dynamic geometry mode.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

the problem is that it crashes while generating static geometry while initialising. memory is varying a lil of course, but around 1.2GB. Had it running fine up to almost 2GB. So dynamic memory mode doesnt help, as well as bucket size as it aint rendering at all yet

Thorsten

Comment

looks like it might be a mesh problem.
        Does the vraylog show any more information?

You could always break up the model and try to test render some of the pieces
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

It would be best if you can send the problemmatic geometry to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can take a look. It's hard to say what may be the problem just from the description.

On another note, a client had a similar problem once, and it turned out to be because his mesh was too large. Splitting the mesh in several parts solved that particular issue.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X