No announcement yet.

Vray Sunlight normal diffuse lighting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Sunlight normal diffuse lighting ?

Hello all, maybe someone can help me..

About the vray sun/sky system; Is it possible to have normal diffuse lit room using the system with not actually having lightstreaks into an interior ?
    Right now, I have either the option to have all the sunlight in the room, or when I shut off/tune down the sunlight, I get a ambient blue-ish room. What i'm looking for is a normal diffuse room, no sunlight, but lit normally by the enviroment.
    As in real life, there are also situtions where the sun just doesn't shine that hard.. But then the room is not blue.
    Also, why is the skymap so blue(ish) anyway ? Is that normal ?
    (I use normal camera with intensity multiplyer 0,03)
    I'm also using color mapping (exponentional bright 3.0, light 2.0)

please let me know, untill now I haven't found a substitute to just using a normal white color in the enviroment slot and skipping to use vray S&S system alltogether, allthough I would really like to add some tints in there..

regards Menno

Please can someone show some normal settings for interior lighting using sun and sky, combined with physical camera ?

Comment

There are a number of threads on the forum about this already; basically you will need to adjust the settings of your camera (ISO/shutter speed/f-number).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

actually the sky light is probably extreamly bluish in real life. however thanks to our wonderfull eyes and brain we have a great capacity to color correct, auto exposure everything we see. heck. when shooting film you have to either purchase daylight film or tungstun film (forgive the spelling if its wrong). maybe we can have a switch in the vray camera or vfb which has 3 options. "no color correct, tungston film, daylight film" hehe. (dumb idea huh) and maybe a saturation spinner on the skylight with 1 being normal saturation and 0 = no blue

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hey elf, isn't that what the white balance in the Vray cam is for?

Comment

DOH!!! i totally glossed over that peramiter all this time

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
              DOH!!! i totally glossed over that peramiter all this time
              heheheh, it is my most favourite actually.

Best regards,
              nikki Candelero
              .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Working...
              X