No announcement yet.

animated water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm ok, that clearly displays the problem, how was that example rendered?

Comment

can you also post just the pool section of your scene for us to play with?

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

The example is rendered with the first settings that I posted. I tried other suggestions, but received the same result.....even when excluding the water from the GI calculation. Though, I was always using a saved LC map......I should try without that calculation saved.

http://rapidshare.com/files/503232/piscina_prob.max

Comment

Try looking for duplicated geometry... it looks like you might have to copies of the pool surface.

Comment

It seems all your normals are out of whack for the pool mesh in that file that you uploaded. There wasnt any duplicate geometry that i could see, but the flipped normals would give that impression. Actually there would be some intersecting geometry near the pool mesh and the surround meshes which might be worth while trying to clean up.

Also it looks as tho your water mesh will have coinciding faces with the pool mesh, I suggest that you use just a plane instead of a closed mesh.

Also you wont be able to use saved GI solutions... you can try but i dont think the results will be that good.. but they might be not noticeable after you fix up the normals and coinciding faces

Comment

Thanks....I'll take a look at that. Using just a plane for the water instead of a volume will not have an effect on the refraction?

Comment

nah will be the same basically

Comment

Working...
                X