problem with opacity and vray 1.5 rc3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with opacity and vray 1.5 rc3

vlado, is this a bug or do I make some mistakes?

look at the images...

there is a problem with the alpha in vray material.

I use vray 1.5 RC3.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Try setting the Blur amount of the opacity map to 0, also set the filtering to None. See if that helps.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Hi,
      What sort of plant is it? som esort of rpc? or is it modeled?
      teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by teabag
        Hi,
        What sort of plant is it? som esort of rpc? or is it modeled?
        it's simply mapped to a plane.
        Pixelschmiede GmbH
        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Whats your max depth reflect/refract set to?

Comment

Yeah, I would check the max. refract depth as well as the max. transparency depth (the last one is in the Global Switches tab).

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
              Yeah, I would check the max. refract depth as well as the max. transparency depth (the last one is in the Global Switches tab).

Best regards,
              Vlado
              it's both default 5/50.
              if there is the problem, wich material has to be tuned? the plant or the reflecting material of the cupboard? and why the standart material does render correctly, but the vray doesn't?

best regards
              themaxxer
              Pixelschmiede GmbH
              www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Nikki was talking about the opactiy map. Turns its blur to 0.01 and filter to none.

See if that helps.

Comment

does anybody else got this problem, too?
                  I tried everything now and nothing helped...!
                  I think it's a bug. I can reproduce it in other scenes. but maybe there is a problem with the *.tif file but I don't think because the standart material works well. in 1.4x.xx versions has the vray mat always worked better than standart mat with opacity, now it's the other way round? it's strange.

best regards
                  themaxxer
                  Pixelschmiede GmbH
                  www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Thanks to have shown the problem themaxxer
                    I got a problem with opacity to but with the 1.47.xx using planes as tree and with affect shadow and affect alpha selected if putted them in camera view the aplpha channel got problems with the trees when one was partially in front of the other showing a part in right way (with the background clean) and a part not (half plant/ectangle) showing the rectangle partially trasparent of the tree was behind the first

Now u remembered it to me and I should try it in the new 1.5 r3

thanks
                    Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

@ themaxxer

Can you send me the scene with the maps needed <nikki@chaosgroup.com>.
                      Thank you!

Best regards,
                      nikki Candelero
                      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

pengo Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:00 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to have shown the problem themaxxer
                        I got a problem with opacity to but with the 1.47.xx using planes as tree and with affect shadow and affect alpha selected if putted them in camera view the aplpha channel got problems with the trees when one was partially in front of the other showing a part in right way (with the background clean) and a part not (half plant/ectangle) showing the rectangle partially trasparent of the tree was behind the first
                        Ditto here (1.47.xx). I love to use tree planes for environmental shadow casting all around my exteriors and whenever they are viewable in the reflections, they cause problems.

Comment

I just tried it here with 3 planes and opacity mapped leaves. They were jpgs tho.
                          max material with opacity, vray material with opacity, vray material with refraction and IOR 1.001

And they all rendered just fine. I couldnt actually get them to replicate your problem at all.
                          I tried IR/LC and IR/QMC, unticking/ticking affect shadow, bitmap blur 1.0/0.01 and flitering none/pyramidal

Must be that TIF your using *shrugs*

Comment

I'm usually run qmc/qmc on my detailed exteriors and I would have all the max properties of the tree planes unchecked except visible to reflection. The materials are vraymtl's with jpeg in diffuse and masking jpeg in opacity. I can't remember if I had affect shadow on or off but does that option even make a diff if you're not using refraction? (talking about the tree material) I beleive my glass material had both affect shadow and alpha checked. Not sure what else to add on that - I just know that the problem exists somehow - someway with this technique.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by themaxxer
                              does anybody else got this problem, too?
                              I tried everything now and nothing helped...!
                              The best way to find out what's wrong would be to send us (a part of) the file to take a look at.

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                              X